Chapter 32

The smile immediately fell off of my face.  What the hell had she just said?  She had said we weren't good enough, and we weren't through.  We didn't get through!  I felt like crying.

Do you know what it feels like for your dreams to be taken from you?  Well, do you?  You might, or you might not, but I'm here to tell you its sucks real bad.

"Congratulations!" Leah smiled at Matrix, making me frown harder.  My shoulders sagged as I gripped onto Kyles hand, willing myself not to cry onstage.  "Silent City, I'm sorry, but you're not through."

"We understand," Andrew said into his microphone, even though I could tell he was just as disappointed as I was.  Turning on my heels I walked of stage, never letting go of Kyle's hand.  If I had, I think I might've broken down.

"We..We didn't make it," I whispered, blinking back tears.  Honestly, I think I was a bit numb.  Sure, this was a tough competition, and we knew we weren't guaranteed a spot, but it hurt to be kicked out, especially so early in the competition.

"Hey, it's okay," Kyle soothed me, wrapping me in his arms.  Several other bodies pressed against me, whispering soothing words.

"You guys don't have to pretend," I scoffed, "I know you're upset, too."  We all sighed together, upset and hurt.  This was the worst feeling ever!  Two seconds ago I was having the time of my five, but after that, I wished I haden't agreed to any of this in the first place.

After a few minutes of hugging and trying to get myself under control, we headed outside.  There was no point of being here anymore.  Because we had been kicked off, we would be on the next flight back to Maryland.

For the first time, I noticed the camera's around me.  This whole time I had only been vaguely aware of them constantly filming me, but now they were practically suffocating me. They were filming our walk of shame to catch a cab.  Oh god, the whole world would see us be kicked off the show!

Thank the Lord that we caught a cab in record time and we were able to get out of the camera's view.  Later, we would probably have to do an interview or something, but right then and there I wasn't to worried about that.  I just wanted to get out of there so I could cry silently in a corner.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing.  Clearing my throat, I answered.

"Hello?" I pressed the phone to my ear, ignoring Kyle's curious glance.  All the other boys had gone in a separate cab.

"Serenity, you're done already?" Vincents voice met my ears, making my stomach drop. Oh no, here it comes. "How'd you do?  You're through, right?  I knew it, you guys are just to talented for them to-"

"Vincent, we're not through." I cut him off, my voice cracking.  The words proved to me too much, because I just burst into sobs right then and there.  After a few seconds I realized I wasn't going to stop anytime soon, even with Kyle soothing me, so I just shoved the phone into his chest.

"Hello?"  Kyle said, taking my phone in one hand and massaging circles onto my back with the other.  I kept choking on my own tears as I took shaky breaths, trying not to hyperventilate.

Why had I said yes to any of this?  I knew I wasn't good enough, I had been saying that for years!  It was people and their stupid lies who had put me in this position, along with my stupidity.  Well, guess what.  I was hurting, and I had no one to blame but myself.

"I don't know, she just burst out crying.  What did you say to her?"  Kyle said softly.  The cab driver probably thought I was mental, but I was really beyond caring at that point.  It didn't even matter. "Dude, why do that?  Well of course you didn't know, but still!" He sighed, "I know, I'm sorry, we're all just upset."