Chapter 19

I ran down the stairs, following Kyle closely.  When he was at the bottom of the stairs I jumped, latching onto his back.

"Jesus!" He yelled, almost toppling over. "Worn me next time!"  I giggled, grabbing around his neck tighter.  If I haden't thought he could catch me I wouldn't of jumped on him, it was that simple.

"You guys aren't fighting anymore?"  Andrew asked, looking up at us.  The rest of the boys were sitting on the couch, watching a movie.  After a second I recognized it, it was Toy Story.

"Nope," Kyle said, popping the 'p.'  He set me down, dropping me into a chair before sitting on top of me.  I screamed, slapping his back.  He was heavy!

"Get up!" I squealed, hitting his head as hard as I could.  He grunted before sliding to the ground, looking over his shoulder and sticking his tongue out at me.  I tucked my legs under my butt, setting my hands into my lap.

"You guys aren't fighting anymore?"  Tristan asked, looking at both of us.  I shook my head, smiling.  The whole Vincent thing was still bothering me, but I wasn't about to let it show.  I was about to give good news, I needed to be happy!

"But I have some news," I said, making them all perk up.  The way they were on their toes, it looked like they were puppies waiting for a treat. "I've decided about The it Factor."  I stopped there, deciding to hold them in suspense.  This was their dream in the air, of course they were nervous.

"And?!" Andrew shouted after about thirty seconds of silence.  I laughed at their miffed faces, making them growl at me.

"Okay, okay," I gasped in between giggles, "I'll do it."  They all screamed, tackling me into a dog pile.  The chair I was sitting in fell backwards, making us all hit the ground really hand and fall backwards.  "Ow," I moaned.

"Um,"  We looked up to see Hope staring at us, looking rather disturbed, "Should I ask what's going on?"

"We're going to be on The it Factor!"  We screamed.

"Oh my God!" Hope screeched, throwing her purse in the air and joining our dog pile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A week later I found myself standing backstage at The it Factor auditions.  I felt literally sick, but I was determined to go through this.  There had been several times when I considered backing out, but Vincent had talked me back into it.

Speaking of Vincent, he had called me regularly.  We had talked for hours, him trying to explain to me what had happened.  Even though I was still a bit pissed, I forgave him.  He still haden't told me anything special like Kyle said he would, though.

I took a deep breath, looking around at the rest of the boys.  They looked pale as ghosts, like they would pass out any second.  If they were looking like that, I can't even imagine what I looked like.  Probably like shit.

Suddenly, the curtains hiding the stage from view burst open, and the twelve year old girl who went before us came running through.  She was crying, sobbing really hard.  My gut clinched.  She haden't been half bad, in fact she was really good!  Why had she been rejected?

"Silent City?"  A man called.  We gathered around him, "They're ready for you."  Oh God, but I wasn't ready for them!  I took a deep breath, grabbing the microphone that I handed to me with my shaky hands.  Kyle wrapped me in a hug, he was shaking too.

"We'll be fine," He whispered to me, kissing my forehead.

The next few minutes of my life were a blur.  I can hardly remember things clearly, and what I do remember is a blur.  We made our way onto the stage, met with the claps and screams of thousands of people.  I blinked, pushing back the dizziness and nausea.