Chapter 26

After I had finished swimming with Kyle, I decided I needed a girl day. Having all those confusing emotions wouldn't be a good thing for the show, so I really needed to work some of my shit out.

I headed up stairs, telling Kyle I would see him for dinner, before walking into my hotel room. Scott was still passed out on the bed, even though it was nearing noon time. Rolling my eyes, I grabbed a hand full of clothes and headed into the bathroom.

I took a quick shower, ridding my body of the chlorine, and then stepped out, deciding to wear jean shorts and a white, baggy shirt that had brown flowers on it. I quickly applied foundation, gold eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and nude lip gloss before pulling out the blow dryer. My hair was naturally wavy, so I pulled out the curling iron and put in some soft curls.

When I walked into the bedroom, Scott was still asleep. The clock on the bedside table read 12:02, so I decided enough was enough. I ripped open the shades, letting the sunlight light the room. Then I took his blankets and pillows.

"Wake up!" I screamed, jumping on his back like he was a horse. He let out a high pitched scream, jumping slightly.

"What the hell, Rena?" Scott moaned, burying his head into the mattress. "It's to early to be up." I laughed, slapping his back.

"It's noon, dumb butt. Get up! Rise and shine! You're missing a beautiful day!" After slapping his back one more time I got off the bed and went back to my suit case, trying to find some shoes to wear.

"Remind me why I'm rooming with you again." He growled, sending me a death glare. Giving him my best smile, I made a heart with my hands.

"Because you love me!" I exclaimed, finally finding a pair of shoes. I chose golden sandals that clasped around my ankles.

"That is definitely not the reason." Scott stood from the bed, running his hands over his tired face. "Make me some coffee while I'm in the shower?" I sighed, frowning. Why should I make him coffee when he's the one who woke up at noon?

"Sure." Wow, I'm way to nice. Scott broke out into a huge smile, wrapping me in a hug.

"Thanks, you're the best." He gave me a kiss on the cheek before running into the bathroom, probably trying to hurry so I wouldn't change my mind. I quickly made the coffee, checking my phone while I waited. Nothing. The coffee was ready before Scott came out of the bathroom, so I poured myself a cup and added lots of creamer and sugar.

"Looks good," Scott commented, walking out of the bathroom. My hands quickly flew to cover my eyes.

"Put some clothes on!" I screamed, flinching. Okay, it's not like he was naked, he was wearing a towel around his waist, but it was the thought of him being naked underneath that made my cheeks flush.

"Gosh, someone's squirmy," He laughed. I heard some rustling around before he said, "You can open your eyes, now." Slowly, I removed my hands. He was still shirtless, but he had put on some basket ball shorts.

"Thank the Lord." I whispered, shaking my head. "Don't do that again."

"Why, because you don't want to see my awesome body?" He teased, smirking at me. I glared at him, my cheeks turning even redder.

"Shut up, weirdo." I muttered, shoving my phone and cash into my pocket. He eyed me, raising an eyebrow.

"You going somewhere?" Scoot took a sip of his coffee, wincing when it was to hot. I almost laughed, but I managed to keep it contained.

"Yes, I'm having a Serenity day," He opened his moth to say something, but I cut him off, "No, you can not come. That's why its called a Serenity day." When he frowned, and I did laugh. It was a girl day all to myself, the whole point was to get away from the boys.

"I'll just hang with my boys, then." He shrugged, taking another sip of his coffee. This time he was more careful.

I laughed, "That makes them sound like your children." For a brief second there was a weird look on his face, but then he replaced it with his usual smirk.

"Might as well be, I'm the most mature." I burst out laughing. That was crap and he knew it! Kyle was the most mature out of the boys. "Hurtful." He placed a hand over his heart, faking hurt.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," I shrugged, grabbing my coffee from the counter. "I'll see you later, make sure the boys don't kill themselves while I'm gone."

"No promises!" He called just as I closed the door, making me laugh again. God, I really hoped I didn't come home to find them all dead....That would put a major dent in the competition.

Oh, I guess I would be a little upset, too.

Once again, I felt majorly under dressed in the lobby. People looked like they were going to see the freaking Queen! Wait, there's no Queen in the United States...That's England, right? No, wait, yes? No? Maybe? Ugh, this is why I don't have internal debates.

"Oh, Serenity!" My head snapped to the side when I heard my name. It was that annoying lady at the check-in desk. Ugh.

"Yes?" I asked, slowly walking up to her. She wanted to be famous, I could tell. People like that, well, I just want to smack them.

"So, I was wondering," She smacked her gum, twirling a finger around her hair. Ew. "Do you want to hang out sometime? I clock off in a few minutes, so we could go and do something." Immediately, I started screaming no. In my head, of course. I'm not that rude, I wouldn't scream in her face.

"Thanks, but I'm actually really busy with he show and everything." I lied through my teeth. When I said 'the show' her eyes lit up. Damn, that was a big mistake.

"Oh yeah, the show," She said with a sickly sweet smile. "How's that going?"

"Sorry, got to go!" I exclaimed, running off before she could say anything else. Laterally, I really did run. I ran out of the hotel and didn't stop till I was well into the busy flow of traffic on the side walk. There wasn't any where I really wanted to go, so I just walked down the street, staring at my feet.

Okay, time to sort out emotions. And, go.

Vincent was really confusing. I thought I was over my little crush, but when he said he had a girlfriend it just made me want to puke. A pang went through my chest just thinking about it! What if I did still have feelings for him? That would seriously suck, because he had a girlfriend now. I had missed my chances, so for my sake, I really did need to forget about him.

Oh, and let's not forget about Kyle. He was my best friend and I loved him to bits, but best friends shouldn't get butterflies in their stomach when they hug. Maybe it was just the fact that he was hot, and I was a teenage girl. I could blame the whole thing on hormones, but I wasn't born yesterday, and I wasn't that stupid. But, I wasn't also willing to admit that I might have a little bitty crush on Kyle.

Aw shit, did I really just think that?

Frantically, I pulled my phone out of my pocket. If there was one person I really wanted to talk to it was my mom, but she didn't remember me, so I did the next best thing. She picked up after only a couple of rings, sounding super excited to hear from me.

"Hey, how's my favorite pop star?" Hope asked, obviously smiling. I sat down on a near by bench, taking a deep breath.

"I'm confused, Hope," I finally breathed out. Heck, I was more then confused, I was lost. No, I'm serious, I had no clue where I was, but that wasn't exactly on the top of my list of things to worry about.

"What're you talking about, baby? Aren't you having a fun time in LA?" I heard her sit down. That was one of the reasons why I loved her so much. She was willing to take time out of her day for me whenever I called, no matter what she was doing.

It took me about thirty minutes to poor my heart and soul out to Hope. I told her everything I was feeling, and probably some things I shouldn't have, seeing as she was Kyle's mother, and he was one of my biggest problems.

"I...I just, I'm loosing it! Do you think I'm going mental?!" I gasped, wiping my eyes. No, do not start crying! This is nothing to cry about! You're a big girl, Serenity. Hope chuckled lowly, "What?"

"Serenity, did it ever occur to you that you might have a crush on my son?"