Chapter 37

"That was horrible," I groaned, flopping back on my bed. I was back at the hotel, it was eight o'clock at night. Vincent and his girlfriend had kept me out all day, holding Anna and I captive.

"Oh come on," Kyle chuckled, crawling down next to me, "It couldn't of been that bad." I rose an eyebrow, which made him laugh harder.

"Wendy is Phyco from downstairs, aka, the she-devil." I deadpanned, staring at the ceiling. That shut my boyfriend up.

"Wait, are you serious?" He asked, obviously shocked. I nodded, and he let out a low whistle. That made me smile slightly. "But seriously, that girls a bitch, why would Vincent go out with her?"

"You tell me, isn't he your best friend?" I flipped over to I could look Kyle in the face.

"We aren't exactly that close anymore..." He trailed off, looking away uncomfortably.

"What?!" I sat up, my jaw dropping. Since when were they not that close?! Ever since me, that's when. I've gone and ruined everything. "It's me, isn't it? Oh god, I ruin everything!"

"Babe, it's not you," Kyle cooed, wrapping me in a hug. "We're just growing apart, that's all." Despite the fact that I thought it was my fault, I swallows and nodded, allowing my boyfriend to kiss my head. For the rest of the night we watched TV until we fell asleep around midnight.

I just screw everything up, don't I?

----------------------------------------------

The next day, boot camp started. I was literally shaking in my boots; I had decided to wear a cute, purple sundress and my light brown cow girl boots. I hadn't bothered with makeup, because we were starting at six in the morning My hair was in a curly pony tale, not that any of that mattered.

When we arrived at the studio, they shoved us on stage and told us to have a seat. We joined the other contestants that were already sat, and just waited for about twenty minutes until the judges came in.

"Alright, this first task is simple. When we call your name, you're going to step forward and sing a song cappella." Mia said, glaring at us. She really was a grumpy person. "Yes, this will take a long time, no you are not aloud to leave. When you are done, we'll cut the first ten. Our first contestants to sing is...Silent City."

I gulped. We were first. Luckily, we were prepared with a song. We had chosen Locked out of Heaven, by Bruno Mars. Before we started, I eyed the cameras that were watching us. Shit. I hated the cameras.

Somehow, I got through the song, even though I was shaking like a wet dog. All the judges did was nod and tell us to sit back down.

"Don't worry, we did fine," Kyle reassured me, giving me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed, hoping no one saw that, especially the cameras.

Six hours later, all fifty three of us had preformed our songs, and it was time for us to discover our fate.

"Now, those of you who get through, you're aloud to leave for lunch, but then we expect you back here by one. Those of you who do not..I'm sorry, but you'll be going home." Leah said. I bit my lip, letting out a long, shaky breath.

The ten names she called were not ours.

Relief rushed through my body as I let out a loud cry of joy and wrapped my arms around the boys. The others yelled as well; everyone on the stage did. At that moment, we were still in this competition. Hopefully, we would still be here tomorrow.

"Where do you want to go for lunch, boys?" I asked once we got outside.

"McDonalds!" They chorused, making me roll my eyes. Always McDonalds with these boys. As soon as we got there, and I was sat with my chicken salad and doctor pepper, I pulled out my phone. The day before I had promised to call Vincent and let him know what happens, and I wasn't going to break my promise, even if I didn't like his girlfriend.