Prologue

I couldn't breathe.  I literally think my lungs shriveled up to nothing.  People were shouting around me, but their cries had been reduced to a hum of chaos in my ears.  My heart hammered against my chest in hard, frantic beats.  My vision blurred, I could feel my eyes becoming unfocused.

When you experience something like this is it truly and utterly terrifying.  You're thinking to yourself, oh God, I might die.  Now if that alone isn't enough to strike pure terror into the average human then I don't know what is.  I mean, who wants to die at the age of seventeen?  Certainly not me, but that was the only thought my mind could process as my body went through the shock.  Funny how it could think about death, but couldn't make me remember how to breathe.

There were still things I wanted to do, things I wanted to see.  I could't die!  This of course did not help my level of panic any.  My throat tightened, probably closing it all together.  With all the concentration I could muster, I blinked my eyes.  That brought me back to reality enough to realize four things.

One, I was laying straight on my back.  Two, there was a piercing pain in the back of my skull.  Three, my fingers were wrapped so tightly around a cold, medal object I'm surprised the bones were still intact.  And forth, there was a familiar face hovering above my body, his eyes shinning with worry.

His blue eyes, which looked terrified, did not help me at all.  He looked seriously scared, and I had never seen Kyle scared in my life.  Before I could process anything else, my vision blurred again.  My lungs started to burn and everything started to spin.  No, I definitely did not like this feeling.  I wanted to see Kyle's face again!

He always calmed me down, although I'm not sure why.  Maybe it was his comforting blue eyes, or his cute blond curls.  Or perhaps it was the small dimple that appeared on his right cheek each time he gave me his signature smirk.  How many times had I received that smirk in the six months I had known him?  Too many to count.

Suddenly, I couldn't hear anything.  Nothing at all.  It was like everyone in the room died, leaving me the only life source.  But that couldn't be true, because I could still see the blurred figures rushing around me, their lips moving frantically.  I tried to say something, anything to let them know I was still here, still okay, but I couldn't before everything faded into black.

How did I get like this?  I'm not quite sure.  You see, I could blame Kyle, I most definitely could, but I, Serenity Davis, do not blame people when it isn't their fault.  He didn't make me agree to anything, I'm seventeen, I can make my own decisions.  Though, I must admit Kyle Jones can be quite persuasive.

But I'm still not answering the question.  I guess nerves just attacked me and it all became to much.  I've never been one too sing in front of people, ever.  Not even in front of my own parents.  Six months ago, before I moved to Maryland, I would sing deep in the depths of my basement where no one could hear me, or in my bedroom on rainy days when the thunder would overcome my quiet voice.

Again, though, I must point out that Kyle is way to persuasive for his own good.  And way to sneaky.  I swear one day that boy...Urg, it is somewhat infuriating.  Anyway, singing in front of people has never been my forte.  Singing in front of thousands of people packed into one auditorium, plus in front of five judges that would decide my future just was unheard of.  At least for me.

That's the point of The It Factor, though.  They put people up on stage so they can show their talent, if they have any, and maybe they'll pass on to the next level.  The person has to be extremely talented and lucky to move on, though.  I'm not even sure how Kyle's band made it past the video audition...

We're really not that great at all.  Just your average high school band that wants to be the next big thing.  Actually, scratch that.  I did not want to be the next best thing.  I was perfectly content singing in Kyle's garage with our other band members Andrew Woodly, Scott Adams, Tristan James, and Vincent Martins.

But things can't be that easy.

---------------

Authors Note:  Hey guys, thanks for reading! :) This is my new story idea!  Yes, before you ask, it is based on the TV show The X Factor.  Yes, the beginning is a bit confusing and doen't really give a good back story.  I made it that way on purpose, everything will make sense in the first chapter. (Which will be posted tomorrow)

Hope you like it, please vote/comment if you liked it!  Maybe even fan?

Much Love!

<3