Chapter 30

The week passed in a blur, and it was Friday before any of us could blink.  Our few days of freedom were amazing, we spent most of the time down by the pool, getting tans.  Well, I got a tan, the boys just splashed around in the water.

Me and Kyle went on our first official date.  He went out while I was asleep, bought a picnic basket, then proceeded to fill it with fried chicken, mashed potato's, and brownies from Walmart.  We went to a park and ate under the stars.  It was perfect, just bliss.  I couldn't of asked for anything better.

Also, I had officially moved into Kyle's hotel room.  Scott basically kicked me out.  It was probably for the best anyway, because I was spending most of my time with Kyle.  Can you blame us?  We were a new couple, cut us some slack.

The pressure of this second audition didn't really sink in until we were sat in the room with all the other contestants.  There were probably about one hundred of us, all with the same dream.  I was shaking and sweating buckets.  We sat there for twenty minutes before Leah Cole, a judge, walked into the room.

"Alright people, settle down!" She said sternly into a megaphone.  We all quite talking immediately.  Oh god, was this really happening?! "I'm going to start calling names two at a time, when I call you, come up here."

No one spoke.  Heck, I don't think we even breathed!  Leah started reciting names off the list two at a time, just like she said she would.  When they reached her, she gave them a room name and told them to get to work.

The task of this next round was simple.  We were paired up with another contestant, sent off to one of the many rooms in this building, and practiced for two hours.  That's all we had.  Two hours to prefect a song until we were taken to the judges to preform.  Then, an hour later, we would go back in and see who continued on in this competition.

Everyone who went up in front of us faded from my mind in about two seconds.  I was shaking uncontrollably.  Who was I kidding?  Me, a singer?  I mean, come on!  It was too late now, though.

"Silent City," When our name was called, I wanted to die.  I shot a hopeless look at Kyle before standing up and making my way to the front of the room.  Only half of the people were left.  Leah gave us a small smile before turning back to her paper. "Matrix," She called next.

A group of five guys came walking up, looking a lot less nervous then I was.  They looked like they had done this before, like they were pros.  Damn it, why couldn't I be that calm?!  There were five of them, and they were all hot.  If they could sing, then they had the makings of the 'next big boy band,' which wouldn't be a good thing for us.

"You guys have room forty up stairs, yes?" We nodded, "Good, here's your list of songs you're aloud to pick from.  Hurry up, and I'll see you in two hours."

"Thank you," I muttered, taking the paper from Leah.  I'm not sure why I got the honors of carrying it, but I did.  Without another word we all shuffled out of the room, basically ignoring each other.  We didn't need to talk because we were the others Competition.

Of course my boyfriend doesn't have the same logic as everyone else.

"I'm Kyle, how're you guys doing?" He said with a warm smile.  The five boys glanced at him, exchanged weird looks, then started laughing.  Blushing for my boyfriend I stepped forward and pushed the elevator button.

"Do you really think we should be getting friendly?"  One of the boys asked.  He had brown hair, blue eyes, and was wearing a green beanie. "I mean, this is a cut throat competition."

"Well, I just thought...." At that point I tuned them out.  If I was going to be able to rehearse, I had to get into my 'calm place.'  To do that, I just had to remember why I was here.