chapter 21

hey guys i finally did what i've been planning to do and announcing this is in a 3 book (so far) series. the first one was , the one (not finished yet), and then private property, then how it began (not finished) so these will be known as the White Wolf series thanks~ milla123

Chapter 21 

I walked into my house to find my father sitting on the couch with his head in his hands with my brother sitting next to him. I walked and instantly both of their heads shot up. At first I didn’t know what to say, are they werewolves? What if they’re not werewolves and I’m the crazy one? I hesitantly walked over to where they were and my dad shot up and held my in his arms. I could hear his sniffling as he held.

“I’m so sorry baby girl, I’m so glad you’re ok” he said hugging me tightly.

“Dad what are you talking about?” I asked confused, how was this fault?

“I should have told you from the beginning but I was too scared to lose you” he said “sit down” he said as he lead me to the couch. I sat down confused as I saw my brother leaning against the doorway. I looked back up to my dad to meet his dark green eyes that held confusion and pain.

“Dad, what’s wrong?” I asked confused

“Skylar, we are not normal” he started “We’re different from humans. We are shifters or werewolves. But you see werewolves were our ancestors. We have evolved from these, werewolves. There’s a story that passes through every family for generations on how we started, try to follow me until the end. A long time ago there was a creature that was more an animal than a human. They looked like they had risen from hell. They were huge and their teeth were long and sharp, they fit the description of knives. Some people say they were Satan’s personal hellhounds but they were known as werewolves. They had human qualities to them. They could walk on 2 legs and they could reproduce. They raped women who walked alone in the dark; sometimes they would kidnap them from their homes. They impregnated these women with their child. When their child was born it was a born like a normal baby. There was nothing wrong with them, it was perfectly healthy and it would act normal. Until, they hit a certain age. This age is different for every child. But it had the power to shift into a wolf. It was a new breed later known as shifters. They weren’t like their fathers though. The wolf was not in control of them; it was like a voice in the back of your head guiding you were to go. And when they shifted into these wolves that voice was more outward, but the human is still in control. There are certain legends that special traits were paced down with different family history. And well, our family inherited some of those special genes. The power can skip specific generations and the family won’t even know what they are carrying. For instance, you” he said looking me dead in the eye.

“Me?” I asked confused, I mean I’m starting to understand but how am I special?

“Yes, you got your powers from your mother. I know you’ve seen your wolf. She’s talked to you, yes?” he asked

“Yes” I confirmed as I sat there confused.

“You see there are the legends I mentioned earlier, they are all mentioned in a book passed down through generations. What to look for to find special wolves. There’s a legend that mentions a white wolf. Well multiple really, one that’s blood is so unique it will be able to be a vampire and a werewolf a hybrid, saying she will lead the other white wolves but together they will rule the race. Another that’s said its blood is so pure that it said it can wipe out the evil soul in a vampire.” He said “but your mother’s side the family knew what they had. They could feel it. You are supposed to have the ability to control the elements.” He said.

“But that’s impossible it’s not me! You’ve got it wrong! I don’t have any powers!” I argued as I stood up to face him

“You wouldn’t know yet! You only have them during extreme emotion or practice, the closer you get to your mate and to mating helps the process” he said. “Do you know who your mate is?”

I bit my lip and I could feel my brother’s eyes on my back. 

“Um, I don’t know” I lied as I bit my lip as I thought about Jason. My wolf whined at the thought of him.

“Alright who is it?” my dad asked.

“maybe she doesn’t know yet, dad she looks tired she’s had a lot of stuff to take in plus her first shift she needs to rest” my brother told my dad as I sighed inside.

“All right, your right. Sorry sweetie. You can rest now” he said as he kissed my forehead.

“Come on” Derek said as he led me upstairs to my bed. I lay down; it wasn’t until that moment until I realized how tired I was.

“No no no, you’re not off the hook yet” he said

I groaned “fine, what’s up?”

“Why’d you come home from Jason’s? I know he’s your mate. You’re supposed to want to be with him!” my brother argued. 

“I was mad at him” I pouted.

“Why? I mean he’s not always cupcakes and rainbows but really?” my brother wondered.

“HE BIT ME” I said angrily. “He turned me into whatever I am now without my permission!” I said. “He didn’t give me a warning or a decision” I spat. 

“He marked you!?” he yelled angrily. He looked like he was going to kill someone. Then all of the sudden he calmed down. “That was wrong but he is your mate. Just get some cool down time” he said as he kissed my cheek. “Get some rest, it’ll be ok” he said. He smiled as he walked out of the room closing the door behind him.

I turned over on my bed and finally closed my eyes-

Knock

“Sky! It’s me let me in!” Michael said.

I groaned in frustration as I opened the window. He crawled in and looked at me weird, he sniffed the air and his eyes widened.

“You shifted-“he started to say when I cut him off

“Yeah yeah its wonderful, yay, but I’m tired” I replied as I lay on my bed.

“Uh do you-“  

“You can stay I don’t care” I said as I grabbed his hand and put him on the bed with me. I rolled over on my side and I could feel his body tense up behind me before he scooted over behind me and relaxed and I fell into a deep sleep.