chapter 22

JASONS POV

I growled as I punched the nearest tree next to me in frustration.

 “Stupid! Stupid!” I yelled in frustration hitting another tree hearing it crack. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair and took a deep breath. Why did I mark her? Why couldn’t have controlled my wolf? She’d still be here with me! It’s been 3 days since I brought here back to her house. 3 days without my mate. That was 3 days too long.

‘But she wouldn’t have had her full potential’ my wolf said protecting himself

“You can act like as long as you would like but in the end, where’s our mate? Oh yeah, not here!” I said in frustration and I hear my wolf whine in response

“exactly.” I said and then sat down on the ground. What was I going to do? Maybe I could go check in with her? See if I can fix anything, maybe.

I got up and walked towards the house. 

Her dad would kill me if he knew. Actually, she wouldn’t have full effect of the bond until she marked me as well. As much as I hated to admit it, another male could mark her at this stage. Unless I gave her the possessive mark. Most alphas usually give this to their mate because there mates mean so much to them and without them they would fail as an alpha.

I got to her house and noticed the atmosphere felt… different. 

I walked in the house and walked upstairs. All of the sudden as I walked upstairs and reached her room I noticed there was air blowing out through her door. Not just blowing it was blasting. I opened the door just as a blast of air crashed onto me and threw me back into the wall.

I heard muffled grunts and distorted sobbing. I opened my eyes to see Skylar in the corner. Her eyes closed and her hair in the air everything around her was blowing. Clouds covered the sky and it started getting windy with mini tornados swirling. 

“Skylar!” I heard another male voice scream.

My wolf wanted nothing more to bust out and calm our mate but I couldn’t risk hurting her in the process. I pried myself off of the wall to crawl into her bedroom to see a guy unconscious on the floor with a needle in his hand. There was another guy in all black up against her wall. All the people in the room I recognized as werewolves. I recognized to be her brother.

I crawled into the room and noticed the guy in all black begin to try to roll his way out of the room and out the window. I saw Michael there and growled but he could actually be of use. “MICHEAL” I yelled loudly over the sound of the wind. “STOP HIM!” I said implying for him to stop the guy from getting to the window.  He nodded and as this started the guy started moving faster. I didn’t care about him anymore. My priorities where on my mate. She was still huddled in the corner tears streaming down her face.  As I got closer she seemed to have known I was coming for her because she tensed up and I started slower. “Skylar?” I asked concerned. She didn’t respond immediately but when she did. Her eyes flew open with a gust of wind following. Her eyes were bright green and radiant. They were shining.  She whimpered and I got closer to her. I finally enclosed the space and held her in my arms for the first time in 3 days.  “It’s ok, it’s ok.” I cooed to her holding her gently in my arms while she shook... the furnitutre that had been levitating had dropped to the ground. She gripped my arms tightly as she sobbed into my chest. I looked to see that both Michael and the guy dressed in all black had made in successfully though the window. I sighed in relief brushing my mate’s hair. “What happened?” I asked her brother.

“I-I don’t know I mean one moment I was in my room fine. The next minute I thought heard something downstairs so I went and checked. No one was there. I heard a scream in my sister’s room and ran up. These guys were in here!” he said pointing to the guy in all black. “My sister, something happened to her and she freaked out and this happened. Then you showed up.” He said.

“Alright I’ll talk to her. You tie him up. You know where to take him” I said. I couldn’t risk anyone else hearing. He nodded, obeying me as his alpha and took the guy downstairs.

I looked back to my mate. “Sky? Baby look at me” I pleaded bring her head to look at me. She had tears streaming down her face. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

“I-I I don’t know. I was sleeping and Michael was with me” a growl vibrated from my chest. I could tell she was with Michael; her scent was deeply mixed with his. She ignored me and kept going. “Next thing I knew I felt a prick in my neck and I opened my eyes and those…those guys were standing there. They obviously didn’t plan on my waking up. I was going to attack them and next thing I knew my body freaked out and…that …happened” she said. “I really don’t know why I’m so upset; I think I just scared myself”. She said smiling a little bit.

“It’s ok I won’t let them get you again. You can come to my house and-“I started to say I mean, it was only logical. It is safer for there. Not to mention no more Michael and she’s my mate! She should be living with me.

“I never said anything about moving in with you Michael” she said in a very series voice pouting. Oh god she looked so cute when she did that.

“Why wouldn’t you want to? I mean you’d be safe and you’d have more time with me” I said giving her my best puppy dog face. She only glared instead. “And may I ask why Michael was in your bed?” I asked growling. I could smell him everywhere for Crist sake! My wolf was going mad with the need of dominance.

“He climbed through the window the night you left and I was too tired to talk to him so I let him sleep over. Turns out his parents and him got in a fight and he needed a place to crash for a couple days so I let him” she shrugged. “He wants to sleep in here because uh... my family didn’t know he was here...” she said giving me an innocent smile. I growled and the control I had over my wolf was gone. He pinned her to the ground and she whimpered.  She was mine! She shouldn’t be sneaking other guys into her house! If anything she should be sneaking me into her house! My hands trailed up her side and I nuzzled my face in her neck. I could feel her growl rumble off my chest and her hands trail up my back to my head and moved my head from her neck and to her mouth. I let out a moan of surprise; her wolf must have missed me as much as I missed her. She wiggled underneath making me freeze. I needed to stop; she’d hate me if I go too far. I flinched thinking of how I marked her.

“….Skylar” I breathed her name out huskily.

“S-sorry” she muttered blushing as she tried to roll out from underneath me. I growled and she stopped

“I wouldn’t do that” my voice was deep and her eyes widened as she understood

I rolled off of her and held her in my arms. I stroked her hair savoring the fact that she was in my arms. Her eyes gently started to close and I knew this was going to be a long day.