chapter 4

Chapter 4

(Picture of the dress on the side :)

I laid up in my room for while listening to music as well as thinking about how tonight could go down. I looked at the clock and saw 9:00 in black lettering staring back at me. I walked downstairs and down the hallway to peak into my fathers room. He was asleep of course. He was sitting in his reading chair but it looked like he passed out. I smiled, he did this most nights. He’d fall asleep reading all of his books. Looking around his room all of his shelves were full with books. Well I can’t tell him I’m going to Lisa’s so I’ll have to find Derek. I walked around the house for a couple minutes and found no one. Where the hell was Derek? He wouldn’t leave without saying goodbye. I walked outback to our porch and saw the fire pit was lit and some guys were sitting around the fire. I awkwardly walked over to them, as I got closer I saw Derek. I walked up to him and tried not to make eye contact with them.

“Hey Derek I’m going out with Lisa” I said as he stopped talking to his friends to look up at me.

“Alright where are you guys going?” he asked

“Some club place she found. You know her” I said and he nodded. He knew it wasn’t my scene but I wasn’t going to abandon Lisa.

“What’s it called?” he asked taking a sip of his water.

“hair of the dog I think she said” I replied. I didn’t pay attention to the name, I don’t think I’d be going there in my downtime.

“Hair of the dog? How are you guys going to get in there!” he asked. I don’t understand why everyone sounds so shocked.

“She said she knew how to get us in” I said shrugging when one of Derek’s friends asked “Can we go?” the guy next to him nudged him in the side and he complained. Where did all of these people come form anyway?

“Um I don’t think I have a say you’re all grown men I have no hold over you guys” I said earning a few snickers from the guys.

“Were leaving at ten” I said looking to Derek who nodded.

“Alright if were going ill call you” he said. Derek could be laid back, he just grew up being in charge so he’s uptight most of the time.

I walked upfront and got in my car and started driving to Lissa’s house. Her house was around 15 minutes from mine. Everything was pretty close together here. We had our own community in these trees. And evidently with a lot more people then I knew. I didn’t recognize any of the guys form the bonfire form my school, then again I didn’t know very many people at the school. I had my friends and no one else really talked to me and it didn’t bother me because I liked having my small group of friends.

I finally arrived to Lisa’s house and walked up to the door. Lisa opened to the door and explained that her parents weren’t home so we could be as loud as we wanted. She walked me upstairs to her room.

“I have the perfect outfit for you in here” she said smiling wickedly. She handed me a black dress that looked like it would barely cover me at all. 

“Oh god Lisa”. I said “I don’t think I could wear this”

“Just put it on and well see form there” she said throwing it at me and shoving me in the bathroom

I shoved the small dress over me and looked in the mirror. The dress cut off a little bit below mid thigh leaving me unsure. It hugged my waist and  My blond hair fell over my shoulders. I walked out and saw Lisa standing in a white dress that contrasted greatly with her Carmel skin and black hair.

“Oh my god Lisa!” she squealed “you look fine” she said drawing out fine.

I laughed “I do? Girl look at you!” I said and she did a pose for me making me laugh even more. “oh by the way my brother and some of his friends might come” I said. 

Her eyes widened and she smiled evilly “are they cute?”

“I don’t know I didn’t get to see them very well” I replied

She giggled “well they better be cute” she said shimming her hips. “Is your boy toy coming?”

“He said he was, he knows the people who work there too” I said. This seemed to confuse her but she smiled anyway.

“Come on let me do your make up!” she said dragging me into the bathroom.

She put mascara and a little bit of dark grey eye shadow with lip gloss.

“perfect now I’m going to do mine and then we will leave” she said as she started putting on her makeup.

“wait why did you do mine and not yours? I could have done mine” I asked confused

“Because I like doing your makeup” she said smiling at me as she applied lip gloss and grabbed a little handbag purse. “were ready and its only” she checked her phone. “9:45” she smiled at me “lets go”.

We walked down to her car and my phone started buzzing.

“hello?” I asked

“Hey its Derek. The guys really want to go so I’ll meet you at the parking lot across the place. Sound good?” he asked

“yep, sounds great” I said as I hung up. I really hope Derek and Jason don’t run into each other.

“So why tonight?” I asked

“Well were celebrating” she replied

“celebrating what?” I asked

“celebrating the end of Michael. Your moving on”. she said

“lets just not talk about him he’s a douche and a mistake and its over it has been for 3 months” I said

“That’s my girl” Lisa said smiling while she pulled into the parking lot.