chapter 15

(100 vote special ;) love you guys!)

I followed Jason into the dark forest with the glow of the camp fire fading; somehow I wasn’t fazed by the darkness. Many people think dark forests are creepy but in my mind they were peaceful. Don’t get me wrong though, some people can make dark forests creepy.

I focused back on what was happening in this moment. That was typical for me to get distracted easily. Must be the blond in me showing. 

“How far are we going?” I asked confused

“Just a little farther” he said. Then he mumbled under his breath something that I wouldn’t usually be able to hear. “This is private”. What did that mean?

As we continued walking I noticed a glow in the distance, there was also what looked like a shadow of building.  The closer we got the bigger the building looked, that’s when I realized it wasn’t a building. It was a house.

“Jason where are we?” I asked confused. Whose house was this? How did Jason know these woods so well?

“This is my house” he said turning to me smiling analyzing it.

My eyes widened in shock. “You live HERE?” I asked shocked. It was huge for one person. It was a 2 story cream house with a front porch sprouting from the front. There was a den branching off what looked to be the master bedroom.

I was too busy analyzing every aspect of the house that I didn’t even notice that he moved up behind me.

“Do you like it?” he asked whispering in my ear making me shiver.

“Its beautiful, you live here by yourself?” I asked shocked still.

“Well I don’t plan on living here by myself” he said making me confused. He smiled “never mind that’s a story for a different time. That’s not why I brought you here today”. He said breathing deeply. He turned me towards him facing him. He grabbed my hand and led me out behind the house to see a pond. How have I never seen this? I’ve roamed these woods a million times!

We walked up to the shore and he knelt down making me even more confused. 

“Jason-?”

“Shh” he said kissing my palm making me blush. “Skylar I want to ask you something” he said.

“Ok” I responded my heart beating so fast I thought it would burst out of my chest.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” he asked.

I stood there silent. Should I say yes? I mean this boy took up all the room in my mind. I was thinking about him all the time. Was I ready for someone else? What about Michael? I brought him up to me and I kissed him. Don’t ask me why I did, I honestly don’t know. The kiss was sweet and not like the others.

“I-I don’t know” I said looking down and I swear I could feel the tension in the air.

“Ok, I understand” he said as I looked into his eyes. They were filled with pain.

“It’s not that I don’t like you I really Really do!” I said trying to make it better. “But we haven’t known each other very long and I’m just not sure if I’m ready I mean” I said cutting myself off. God I was such a hypocrite. I wanted to cry, I was being so mean. 

“Skylar its okay, I shouldn’t have expected you to adapt this quickly” he said reassuring me.

“What do you mean’ adapt this quickly’?” I asked

“I ..uh.. nothing” he said trying to cover it up.

“no, tell me. And why did jack call you alpha Jason?” I asked

He sighed “if I tell you something will you promise to let me explain and show you?” he asked

Oh god. A million thoughts crossed my mind. What if he had kids with someone else? What if he was spy? Shit that’d be cool! But dangerous…

“Sky?” he asked breaking me from my thoughts.

“Sorry, what is it that you need to tell me?” I asked

He breathed deeply. “Skylar… I’m a werewolf” he said

“You’re a  ... werewolf?”  I asked uncertain.

“Yeah” he said

“Are you sure?” I asked and almost slapped myself in the face. Really brain? A guy you like just told you he was a werewolf and you say are you sure?

He chuckled “yeah I’m sure”

“So do you shift?” I asked confused. I really didn’t understand anything right now. Hell maybe I was crazy for even consider believing him.

“Yeah, it doesn’t have to be a full moon for me to shift.” He answered 

“Can I see you?” I asked making him surprised 

“Are you sure? Why aren’t you screaming?” he asked

“Oh.. sorry I can scream if you want me too?” I said confused and he laughed.

“No its fine you’re just to calm, alright I’m going to shift don’t freak out” he said and I nodded.

‘This will be interesting’ I thought amused until I saw Jason lunge over and turn into a giant wolf.

Private Property (White Wolf Series 2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें