Part 9: The Way She Moves

So you all know, I've gone back and added pictures to most of the chapters, so you may want to go back and take a look.

Thanks for reading!

-Lion.

___________________________________________

Natalia Parker:

Thursday morning, I arrive early, going to the dance changeroom. I slip out of my clothes, putting on my black dance shorts and the red sports bra.

Putting a cd in the stereo, I set it on the fifth track, "Terrible Things" by Mayday Parade, dancing contemporary.

Throwing my body around the room in leaps and purposeful falls to the ground, I bring the emotion out through my body as well as facial expressions, getting lost in the song.

Cassis James:

Wearing a pair of black school sweatpants, the school's initials, SASS, along the right shin, and a fitted blue T-shirt with the school's name printed across the back, I slip into the studio quietly.

She dances beautifully as I watch from the door. Her expressions, her movements, her... raw emotion, it's all overwhelmingly beautiful and captivating. I literally watch her with tears in my eyes at how beautifully she dances.

The song ends, and I stand against the door, wiping at my eyes, hiding behind my golden twirls.

Natalia Parker:

Breathing hard, my lungs crying for more air, I take deep breaths, trying to calm. When my breathes come out steady, I finally pull myself off the floor.

Turning around, I find Cassis staring at me, her hands near her face. Biting my lip, I look down shyly. Yet again, she's caught me in the studio, dancing. At least this time it was Contemp.

Crossing the room, I turn the radio off. "Sorry if I kept you waiting long."

Cassis James:

I shake my head in answer, still trying to rub tears away. She's just... She dances so beautifully... I've always had a weak spot for contemporary, but she just.... Wow.

Still rubbing at my eyes, sniffling, I make my way to the middle of the floor and sit without a word. I pull my binder and textbook out of my bag, setting it all up in front of me, my calculator off to the side. Flipping the textbook pages to the curent chapter, I wait, sitting cross-legged on the black dance floor.

Natalia Parker:

Following her suit, I take a seat on the floor next to her. Putting my bag under my head, I lay back, trying to regain energy. "Okay. First off, what do you know about this section?"

It turns out that she only knows what I told her yesterday, and that's because I told her yesterday. I teach her through the chapter slowly. When she starts to get frustrated, I just rub her shoulder, telling her she'll get it.

Cassis James:

I go in knowing, quite literally, nothing. Nothing except what she explained yesterday. At first, I feel a bit nervous, afraid of having her know how little I understand it and thus judging me based on it. But as the morning goes on, I find myself comforted by her hand on my shoulder.

When we hit a particularly frustrating question, I put my pencil down and run my hands through my hair, sighing in irritation. My head hurts. I groan, laying back on the floor, having had enough for the rest of my life.

I lay there for a bit, then sit up again and look at the Jones girl. "Can we take a break?" I plead, itching to get up and dance.

Natalia Parker: