Part 15: Cupcakes or Something

Arizona:

Having cleaned up my room a bit, I lay myself out on the multi-coloured, neon bed, browsing the internet. Avery and her photos have conveniently disappeared. Creeping through Facebook, I come across Charlie Butler, and pause.

I turn over, laying on my back. Charlie. Charlie, my best friend's boy. I'm fairly certain they're not in love, but, really, I should be respecting their relationship. I shouldn't be sleeping around with him. I shouldn't be going behind Cassis' back.

But, really. How am I supposed to compete with her? Especially if I still want our friendship? Look at Avery Michaels; she's been running against Cassis for years, but my best friend somehow remains on top, every time. I mean, yeah, she's beyond gorgeous, but I really think it's that royal blood in her, however distant. It's like she's meant to rule, whether it be a country or St. Andrews.

How can one little girl with a camera possibly compete with Cassis James?

The doorbell rings, breaking me out of my thoughts. Leaving Charlie's page up, I simply minimize the screen, then head over to the door, wearing a pair of shorts and a black bra, to open it.

Natalia Parker:

Biting my lip, I look back at the car. I could go, turn back around and leave before Arizona answers the door.

My hair is a bit more curly than usual due to work. A smidge of make-up decors my face. I didn't really have time to clean it off. I'm lucky that I was able to change out of the lingerie. That would be hard to explain off.

What would Cassis think about me if she knew?

I brought her jacket with me, drapped over my arm to return it to her. Though, it doesn't appear she's here yet.

Arizona:

Upon opening the door, I find Natalia, a jacket draped over her arm. Taking her hand, I pull her in, shutting the door behind her. "Hey, Pretty Eyes. You can put your stuff in my room. Cassis isn't here, yet. It's just you and me. Can I get you something to drink?"

Natalia Parker:

"Water is fine." I reply, heading down the familiar hall to Arizona's bedroom. Placing my stuff upon her bed, finding her laptop open, I wonder what pictures Cassis has on Facebook. I don't have one, myself, seeing as I don't have a computer at home.

However, I pull myself away, telling myself that I'm being such a creeper.

Arizona:

Realizing I forgot to print out the recipes, I call towards my bedroom, "Can you print off the cupcake recipes from my laptop? They're open in tabs."

Natalia Parker:

Just as I'm halfway out the door, I yell, "Alright!" Turning back inside the room, I take a deep breath. Life seems to have a horrible sense of humour. Especially when I bring up the tabs. My eyes widen as I find Arizona dressed in lingerie, posing on her bed, attached to an unaddressed email. As far as I knew, she wasn't seeing anyone.

Quickly, I flip over to another tab where I find Cassis' boyfriend's profile open.

Not connecting the two, I flip to the last tab. Finally, the cupcakes.

Arizona:

Pouring a glass of water and a glass of juice, I start pulling out the baking stuff for when Cassis comes. "Want anything to eat?" I call. "Or do you wanna wait for Chinese?"