Part 3: Boyfriend

Cassis:

Her eyes meet mine for a moment before I glance down to turn off the noise. A text from Charlie, of all things. I hear the door close, and I look up to see that the girl has left. "Fuck, Charlie," I curse, then read the text, practically gagging at the thought of what is written.

So I can make you breakfast? As if, boy.

I sigh and cross the room, opening the door to my personal office. I set up my textbook and notes over the large desk that fits from one wall to the other, a bar fridge in one corner of it.

***

A good hour or so later, I am awakened by an announcement over my head that all students are to report to the auditorium at the beginning of first period for an assembly. Grumbling at my math books as they are packed into my bag, I leave the studio, the ballet dancer on my mind.

She had really pretty blue eyes.

I find Charlie waiting for me outside the auditorium. His curly hair is a tousled mess of choclate, and I reach my fingers into it as I stand on my toes for a kiss. "Hey, hotstuff." Charlie is the football stud everyone expects me to date. And, well, we're dating. I haven't given him anything further than kisses, however, because it makes me rather sick to even think of having sex with a man, much less give him my V-card. Really, I'm just using him, because I doubt I'd be dance Captain much longer if the girls found out I fancy lasses.

In the auditorium, Charlie and I sit in the back row, surrounded by his jock friends. I seat myself in his lap, fitting nicely into his chest. My sister and her friends scurry about the room, setting up the last few touches to the decor and such. A huge banner runs the length of the room, though very few welcoming faces greet the trash as it trickles in.