Part 1: Ballet Shoes

Cassis James:

Apparently, I fell asleep studying for math, again.

I pull away from the crinkled paper, thankful I didn't drool all over my binder, and bury my head into the covers of my bed. They're so warm, so inviting.... NO! I can't sleep in. I have school. Plust, it's the first day of senior year. The new trash from Jones will be at school, today, and I need to be there, lest they attempt to take over my school. Not that I think they can, but....

With a lazy groan, I drag myself off of the bed. I stumble, sleep-faced, into the ensuite bathroom, flicking on the light to reveal an elegantly tiled black floor, white walls, and chrome fixtures. The whole room is custom built, with the corner bathtub tiled in next to the large, glassed-in shower. The toilet, hidden behind a half wall, is given its own semi-private space.

Ignoring the usual grandeur of my own living quarters, I proceed to brush my remarkably white teeth. My shower takes up a good hour or so, and when I finally step out into a crisp white towel, my hair settles wetly into perfect golden twirls down my shoulders, dripping.

Hailey James:

"CAAAAAAASS. HURRY UP, I HAVE A MEETING," I yell up the trapdoor to the attic. My elder sister lives in the attic. See, she had her old bedroom turned into a dance studio and claimed the upper floor as her own personal living space. Because, you know, she's Cassis James, after all.

I leave her studio, heading down the stairs to the kitchen in dark skinny jeans, an elbow length white shirt, and a dark grey vest. Upon entering, my mother, just slightly shorter than I, greets me with a smile as she looks up from her novel, a plate of eggs in front of her.

"Morning, Mom," I say, popping two slices of bread into the toaster. While it's toasting, I go over my notes for the Student Leadership meeting this morning. I may be three years younger than Cassis, but I am a senior, ahead of my grade, and I am the Student Vice-President of St. Andrews Secondary.

Cassis finally graces us with her presence as I'm finishing the last of the toast, which is covered in ketchup. She makes a face at my breakfast and proceeds to give our mother a hug. Mom and Cass were always close. As a matter of fact, they look almost exactly alike, save for my sister's blue eyes. I inherited my mother's green ones.

She opens the fridge and pulls out a small yogurt container, then leans against the counter to eat it with a spoon. She manages to look gorgeous in what one would consider a slutty schoolgirl skirt and white button-up shirt.

"Is Father at work?" she asks Mom, licking the yogurt off of the back of the spoon. Not staying to hear the rest of the conversation, I head up to my bathroom to brush my teeth.

Cassis:

I pull into the school parking lot through the open gate in my yellow Camaro, my little sister in the passenger seat. I let her out at the drop-off so that she doesn't have to run to her meeting before school starts. The Camaro fits perfectly in one of the first few parking spots. It chirps twice, locking, as I make my way up the empty steps to the school's grand front doors.

Deciding to hit the studio for some pre-class studying, I head up to the North Wing, also known as the sports wing of the school. Being the dance team's Captain, I have my own office.

Upon entering, I find a girl in ballet shoes, dancing. I haven't seen her, before. I shut the door quietly, hoping to remain unnoticed so I may watch her move. She moves beautifully, with emotion and expression. A severe lack of technique, but beautiful. I stand at the door, motionless, simply watching.

_______________________________________________

ELLO! The blonde on the right is about the closest I've found to Cassis's hair style. Cassis, however, has blue eyes.

-Lion.