Chapter 28

Thora Hawthorn:

Training was gruesome and consisted of Gio getting his ass handed to him several times. We called it after Rayan slammed him so hard on the mat that he started to involuntarily shift. We ate breakfast in the training room like we often do on Fridays.

Santiago had boarders to run this morning which was why he was in such a bad mood. Having to run boarders right after morning training was hell and even I knew that. My dad has never let me go but that's going to change soon.

Rayan had a security meeting and then he was directing training for the new city guards. He also didn't seem to excited about that because he claimed all the newbies were terrible even by new standards.

Gio and I have a meeting with my parents about the things Gio is going to have to start doing. I don't even know how they feel about last night so this should be interesting.

I got dressed in my usual dress. Today it happened to be a black halter top that went just below my knees with a pair of black red bottoms. My hair is in a simple ponytail with few strands out to frame my face so I don't look like a bald headed baby.

Gio steps out of his room wearing a black button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He wears that with slacks and black shoes and a red tie. He smiles down at me and then we walk hand in hand towards my fathers office.

Up ahead I see the set of stairs and I groan. "Not the stairs."

"You walk up these stairs everyday," Gio laughs.

"And everyday I want to chuck myself off the railing."

He rolls his eyes and then lifts me up bridal style and proceeds to carry me up the stairs "You are heavier than you look," He jokes

"Hey," I screech lightly smacking his chest.

He pretends to start falling "I don't think I can hold you."

"Gio," I laugh "You're a giant you should be able to hold little old me."

"Little?" he scoffs "Now you admit it."

"When it benefits me."

"Fitting," He comments as we reach the top. He gently puts me down. "I'm always bigger than you."

"Are you?" I shake my head "Pretty sure I could beat your ass.

He backs me into the wall and looks down at me with a smirk as soon as my back hits the wall "Is that so?" He asks caging me in with his arms.

"Yes," I whisper

"Okay," He licks his lips "Push me away."

"I don't want to."

"Why not?" He cocks his head to the side.

"Move," I smile. He leans in closer and my heart almost starts beating out of my chest

"Nah. I don't think I will."

"Why not?" This time I lean in. We are so close and just staring into each others eyes longingly. He doesn't answer for a while, he just breaths in tune with me as are bodies are practically shoved together.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispers. I am taken aback by the question. Does he actually want to kiss me? Right here? Right now? I smile and nod but he groans "I need a verbal answer."

"Yes," I whisper back.

He leans down with his lips slightly parted. He's going so slowly. Almost too slow and I am tempted to just meet him halfway and do it but I don't want to scare him off. My eyes close and I feel his lips press to mine gently. Sparks fly and I feel like we aren't even in the hallway anymore. It is just him and I and that's it. Us in a perfect unmoving bubble. He licks my bottom lip asking for entrance and I happily give it to him. We fight for dominance and he wins when he squeezes my waist. Hard. I squeal and he chuckles but doesn't stop. I wrap my arms around his neck willing him not to move.