Chapter 5

Giovanni Ellis:

Light finds its way into the room and I squint and try and cover my eyes from the blindingly warm glow coming from the front of the dungeon. How awful it must be for those who reside unwilling in the front cells. The door stays open and footsteps are heard walking down the very long aisle.

Screams are heard from the people around and the echoing  sound gets worse and worse as the people one by one plead and curse. I stare down at the ground in front of me not daring to make a move or even have a look up. Whoever just entered, I don't plan on angering them. If i have to live out the rest of my already miserable life in this darkness then so be it.

To my surprise and utter disappointment the footsteps stop right in front of my cell. I still don't look up but instead stare at the nicely polished boots in front of me.

"This him?" A deep voice questions someone I can't see.

"It is, Highness." The sound of papers flipping is heard as my eyes widen. Highness? "Just brought in last night."

"Thank you," the deep voice with the shiny boots answers. This can't be the king. "Look up, boy!" The voice demands and as my eyes travel up I try my hardest to keep the surprise out of my voice.

The king stand before me in all his glory. I have only seen pictures of the king a handful of times in Alpha West office. He is a very tall man in person with deep brown skin and a bald head.His eyes are so dark they almost blend in with the surrounding darkness and I quickly look away from them. He glares down at me and I don't dare look him the eyes.

"Name?" He demands and again I keep my mouth shut and my eyes averted. "I asked you a question, pup!" He practically booms and I flinch. I am weak ,no doubt and there is no way he won't kill me. Death is better than obeying another stronger version of Alpha West.

I see him motion for someone and I look back at the ground. My cell door opens and my eyes widen for a millisecond in fear before I regain myself. A strong grip is applied to my arm as i am yanked up and forward into the king. He holds me close and inspects me. I squeeze my eyes shut and clench my jaw trying not to notice the similarities between the two situations.

"Disrespectful little pup I see." He spits out and then he lets go of me. "Show some respect, boy."

I look past him for a full minute while he waits for me to bow down. I don't. All I do is stand before another man comes out of no where. He grabs my by the shoulders and applies pressure as if to make me kneel.

With all the strength I have, and its not much I resist. "Kneel before King Silas!" The man demands and I struggle against him. Something in me clicks and I turn towards the man and punch him in his face. Hard. His face whips to the side and he lets out a grunt. Another man comes up to me as the king also steps forward. I ignore the king and punch the other guy but he's stronger. He punches me back.

I fall to the ground with a loud thud and my right hand throbbing in pain. The king crouches beside me and opens his mouth the say something to me but he never does because I kick him in his jaw. His head whips back in surprise but he quickly recover and grabs me by the neck. He stands with my neck still clasped firmly in his grip. He holds me high above his head and then slams me to the ground.

I howl in pain as the pain goes from my hand to my entire being. I cough harshly and spit up a bit of blood as the king and the two guards slam my cell shut. I look up at the three of them and let out a small smile as I see both the guards sporting bruises on their jaws. One has a chipped tooth. I can taste the blood in my mouth but I still smile up a them. A chuckle escapes my lips and I turn and spit the metallic liquid out of my mouth.

"Giovanni," I grit out with a cough. My eyes droop and I will them to stay open. I hit my head on the ground "Thats the name." and then back to darkness. Only this time I welcome it.

>>>>>>>>

I awake to the sound of someone saying my name. It's quiet and far away at first but as my eyes open it get louder. I sit up quickly startled again by how dark it is. My head throbs but so does the rest of my body. My hand is the worst pain and I shake it out only to wince as that doesn't make it better.

"Giovanni!" The voice yells this time and I blink in confusion.

"Hello?" I ask stupidly and the voice laughs.

"I know you," He says quickly and I squint wishing I could see. I think for a second and shake my head.

"I don't think so," I answer annoyed with an eye roll.

"Your name is Giovanni Ellis and you are from Wolf Moon pack. You left when you turned eighteen during a rogue attack because Alpha West was using yo-" I cut him off with a growl. How in the fuck does he know everything about me.

"Who the fuck are you?"

"Listen carefully," The man says just as quickly I shake my head but then realize he can't see me.

"I don't wanna hear anything from you,"  I hiss in his general direction. I had never told anyone the horrors that happened to me in that pack. I didn't have many friends when I lived there and I've had none since I've left. Even if I did have someone, anyone, to tell I wouldn't. I don't need anyones pity.

"The unlikely King will meet the rightful Queen," He starts and I growl.

"Shut up," I tell him, annoyed.

"Mates through space and time."

"I don't want to hear your stupid poem."

"Changed will the kingdom forever be. Through the darkness the sun will shine." He finishes and I groan. What the hell any of that meant is a stupid mystery to me. One I don't care to solve. I wait for him to say something else but he doesn't and i lay all the way out of the cool ground.

I close my eyes and breathe in deeply. My rips feel cracked and I can only hope one punctures my lung so I can die peacefully in this stupid cell.

The mans words echo in my head as sleep consumes me again.

The Unlikely King will meet the rightful Queen

Mates through space and time

Changed will the kingdom forever be

Through the darkness the sun will shine