Chapter 34

Thora Hawthorn:

"Up and again!" Santiago hollers at a writhing Gio in the center of the mat. I can tell he's exhausted just by looking at him. Two days he has been trying to shift in a fast and effective manner. Once he started getting good enough to best or tie with Santiago in hand to hand it was time to start working on his shifting and it has been hell.

Not to mention that his polls are still lacking. The elders don't want to believe him which is making the people hold strong on their 'We hate Giovanni' marathon. The day is fast approaching when Alpha Weston is supposed to be here as well. . .as in it's tomorrow and we haven't any idea where he is. Above all this i've been doing my best to take his mind off of things but it's hard when it's all he thinks about. This and paperwork have taken over his life.

"I c-can't," He groans out and I step forward to comfort him but Rayan roughly grabs my shoulders and yanks me back. I look on at Gio flips to his stomach and shakily rises from the mat breathing heavily.

"You can," Santiago snaps "Again."

"Santiago chill out," I snap right back making him flinch slightly. he says nothing as he leaves the ring to escape my heated glare. I rip away from Rayan and enter the ring going straight for Gio. I wrap my arms around him and smile into his chest when I feel him immediately relax to my touch. "Leave," I demand, my voice muffled into Gio's bare chest. I hear shuffling indicating that Rayan and Santiago are in fact leaving.

"Just don't have sex on the damn mat," Rayan calls before the heavy training room door shuts.

I look up towards Gio to see him standing there still breathing heavily with his eyes closed. I quickly look over his rock hard chest and stomach. He's solid and goddess- focus! Now is not the time for a fantasy.

"Gio," I ask reaching up to run my fingers through his hair. I smile as the hair tie comes out in my hand giving me full access to his thick hair. "you need to focus."

"That's a little hard right now," He mutters leaning into my touch. I step back and I see his muscle visibly tighten at the lost contact.

"I mean on shifting."

"It's not that easy," he sighs taking a step towards me and I reluctantly take one back.

"I know there is a lot going on right now but-"

"A lot?" He laughs humorlessly "That's the understatement of the year."

I roll my eyes "But you still need to be able to shift."

"Afraid of having a weak mate?" He asks looking at me in my eyes.

I was. Or maybe I still am. I've always had a fear of having my mate live like my mother. I mean to be fair Gio is strong willed at least. He happens to be a great fighter but still. I don't want to tell him that. "No."

"Liar," He snaps and I blink a couple times surprised.

"Why do you always do that?" I groan annoyed

"Do what?"

"That thing where- I never know how to answer- you always like guilt me into answering like you want me to tell you- I don't know, Gio."

"Just say what you have to say," He snaps

I take a step towards him and he takes one back. "It's like once you get discouraged we're back to square one all over again!" I sigh "I don't know what you want."

"I want you to be happy but-" I cut him off with a growl.

"Gio you better not say shit about me leaving you right now," I walk towards him quickly and stand right in front of him "I'm yours, Gio. You should already know that."