Chapter 35

Giovanni Ellis:

"Ready to go?" Rayan asks me. I give him an annoyed look and adjust the bullet proof vest i'm wearing just like the one Rayan wheres everyday. Apparently part of my training is being a guard all day long.

The day hadn't been bad until Rayan told me i'd have to go on boarder patrols with him tonight because apparently it's his night to go. That's all fine and well except it's cutting into the time that i'm supposed to be with Thora.

My wolf and I have been on edge all day long. Alpha West was supposed to turn up today and he did not. Now as daylight hours get shorter and shorter so does my will to live.

"No," I answer him curtly and he snorts.

"Too bad because i'm never ready," He says and starts walking in the direction of outside of the castle. I groan and follow him in the uncomfortable ass uniform I now understand why Rayan hates to wear it. The bullet proof vest practically chokes the hell out of you all day long. The only good this uniform has done me was seeing and smelling the reaction Thora had when she saw me wearing it.

"Where are we going?"

"Southern boarder," He answers as the large heavy castle doors open for us. "The boarder we found you at. Which now makes it our most dangerous boarder."

"Because you found me there?"

"Yeah," He snorts "Scary right?"

We walk towards the tree line in silence both of us just reflecting on the day we'd just had. Rayan breaking up fights between guards as training. Rayan making the newbs throw up during training. Rayan laughing while the newbs threw up during training, Rayan making me wait outside while he had sex with a girl from training

We enter the cover of the trees and start a jog towards the boarders. We are already late since Rayan decided to have a flirt fest with half the maids in the kitchen before we left. It takes us almost an hour to reach The point and as soon as we showed the other wolves ran back still in their wolf forms.

Rayan smiles and lays down in the grass with his hands behind his head. He looks up into the sky and just stares. "So what now?"

"We just sit until midnight and then the new shit comes in," He mutters looking at me. He slaps the spot next to him.

"Thats it?" I ask surprised.

He nods. "No one is dumb enough to trespass onto our territory. Well no one except you of course," he laughs.

"Sorry about that," I mutter sitting next to him "About the whole almost killing you and trespassing thing."

"It's totally fine. You are the most action this boarder has seen since King Silas first met the Queen." He smiles at me "I like you even if the kingdom doesn't."

"Thank you," I laugh at him "That means a lot coming from the castles whore."

He gasps in mock shock "I prefer playboy."

"Whatever you want to call it." I shrug "What is up with you and that?"

"Me and what?" He defends.

"Sleeping around."

"Nothing," He smiles lazily "I happen to like women. A lot might I add."

"That's obvious but why?"

"Why do I like women?" He sucks in a breath "Well thats a hard one." He jokes.

I shove him. "You know what I mean."

"Why don't you mate Thora?"

My eyes widen in surprise at the question. I know people must wonder why it hasn't happened yet and I know a good portion think it's because of her. However, Rayan is her best friend and he probably can guess it has everything to do with me. "It's complicated," I answer and he sighs.