Chapter 33

Giovanni Ellis:

How could I say something like that? It's not what I meant but what I meant and what came out of my big stupid mouth are two different things. Of course I would be worrying about this when the whole damn Kingdom is on my ass. I can't help it though and I know I screwed up.

I was stressed about the damn press conference and confused from the events that led to me almost mating Thora right there against her bedroom door. I had really wanted to do it but I know I couldn't have gone through with it. But the way she reacts to my touch is addicting. The way I can make her squirm while doing something so simple. The way she moans my name and leans into me as if willing me to do what I want with her.

I shake my head. She is pissed at me and anymore thinking like this is going to leave me with boner in the middle of training where she is currently sparring in the ring with Santiago. It would be weird if Rayan looked up to that while I am spotting him on the weights.

"What the hell happened?" Rayan asks me and I finally look away from Thora and down towards him "Seriously I could drop this weight on my chest and crush my entire body and I don't think you'd even notice."

I shake my head at him "Sorry."

He looks at me expectantly "Did you and Thora fight or something?"

I shake my head "What?"

"Y'all aren't as lovey dovey as you usually are," He says sitting up and grabbing the towel off my shoulder the wipe the sweat from his forehead. "Paired with the fact that she is murdering Santiago on the damn mat."

"We are fine," I lie "Just stressed out about the conference it all."

"Yeah whatever," He mutters standing up "This is exactly why I am thankful I am mateless."

"What is up with you and not wanting a mate?" I question changing the subject away from me.

He shrugs "It's too much of a liability in the job i'm in."

"Bullshit," I say switching places with him.

"It's true," He grabs the weight for me and all but drops in on my palms. "I don't have time for a mate. They tie you down and it's dangerous. Whoever she is I don't want her. She'd be a weakness I can't afford."

I grunt as I push the seven hundred pound weight up. "Is that how everyone feels?"

"Thora?" He asks knowingly "Not at all. It's only my opinion. The two dip shits over there are all for the mating bullshit."

"I didn't say Thora," I mutter.

"That's who you meant," He smirks.

"What are you going to do when you find her?" I ask and he scoffs.

"Reject her." He leans on the weight adding extra pounds "Now come on slow poke. I could rep this in my sleep."

The rest of the day goes by with my daily lessons with King Silas and then etiquette class. I get slaps on my knuckles for using the wrong forks and some on my back for not having good posture. One more for stuttering and two for looking the servants in their eyes. By the time the class is over it's dinner time. The time of day i've been dreading as I know I am going to have to face it with Thora.

I haven't seen her since training and even then she walked past me swiftly with her head held high and down the hall to her room. She didn't even spare me a glance or say goodbye to me making it obvious that something had happened when she said goodbye to both Santiago and Rayan.

Santiago peeled himself off he mat and tried to ask me what I had done but I ignored him and Rayan and went to my own room to ready myself for the rest of the day. Now as dinner is fast approaching I consider skipping it. Not like I haven't been without a meal before so this isn't new news.