Chapter 37

Giovanni Ellis:

"No!" I yell standing up. King Silas looks at me furiously as I slam my fist on the table. "I will not be locked away in some dungeon."

Thora puts her hand on my arm and I look down at her "You almost died," She comments.

"Almost," I bite out "I've almost died many times and I'm fine. I really don't think locking me away until the coronation is going to fix any problem we have."

"They are threatening my daughter as well," King Silas growls and I growl right back.

"I realize that he is threatening her and I will do any and everything in my power to protect her from him."

"You can't protect yourself and you expect me to believe that you can pro-"

"Don't you dare question my ability to protect my mate!"

"How about I don't need protecting!" Thora screams standing up between the two of us. Both of us shoot her glares. Her scent is undeniably strong today. I inch away from her ever so slightly trying to keep this meeting strictly professional. Something about her is different today.

"Don't be stupid, Thora," I snap at the same time her father shakes his head and mumbles words we can't understand.

She glares at me "I'm not being stupid and i'm tired of being some weak little girl the two of you feel you need to protect. I can fight just the same as the two of you if not better," she says pointedly to me.

I turn my glare from her, knowing she is right, and look at her father. "I will not be put into some stupid ass secure room. I don't want to hide from him. I'm never going to be the King any of you want me to be hiding."

"A great King knows when to step back," He says

"And this is not one of those times," I say back.

"Gio is right dad."

"What?"

"He's right," Thora says with a sigh "how will the people ever get used to him being in this position if he's hiding until coronation time?"

"He has a reason."

"I want to give a public speech," I say suddenly. The people may not like me but they sure as hell are going to see that I'm not as weak as they want me to be. "Publicly."

"What?" Thora gasps "We don't do those anymore it's way to dangerous." She switches from foot to foot anxiously.

"I don't care." I look down at her. She huffs and crosses her arms. "The people are going to continue to hate me if I can't prove myself."

"What are you going to say in this speech?" King Silas asks rubbing his chin.

"I am going to tell them what really happened at the attack. I am going to let them know what's going on. Who knows what his plans are and we both know he can't get to Thora. Who's next? The people. They need to be informed."

Thora shakes her head "How do you know he can't get to me? He got to you easily. That doesn't bother you? Don't you want to know how he knew where you were at what time? How he know you and Rayan would be alone at the border that exact night?"

I shrug "Yes," I sigh "But maybe it was just a guess. Who knows how long they had been sitting there waiting."

"That's all the more reason we should keep yo-"

"Locked up? Yes, I know." I glare at King Silas again. "I am making a public announcement tomorrow and that's the end of that," I snap at both of them before exiting the room.