Chapter 27

Giovanni Ellis:

"Gio?" I hear from next to me. I can't decipher if it's from my dreams or in real life. Turning over theres a poke on my cheek. "Gio!" The voice screams and jumps on top of me.

Immediately my eyes rip open and I flip the person over so that they are under my weight. My arm presses firmly on their neck and as my brain registers who it is my eyes widen. I reel back "What the hell, Thora!"

She coughs a little but smiles "Morning to you too,"

"I could've strangled you," I deadpan and she laughs and winks. I give her a confused look and then shake my head.

"It's time to get up."

"It's 4:30 in the morning and we didn't get in until a little after midnight," I groan and again she laughs.

"Training starts in thirty minutes," She rises from the bed in a tight pair of workout shorts that show off her every curve and a sweatshirt. I shake my head.

"We still have to go to that?"

"We go every morning," She says in a 'duh' tone.

I groan and roll off the bed landing on my feet. Looking down at her I see her eyes travel from mine to my chest. Her eyes widen and she quickly looks away. I have the best effect on her sometimes even though it's still a wonder she finds me attractive. "Let me put on some clothes and i'll meet you in the hall."

"Sounds good," She chirps and rushes from the room.

Ten minutes later my teeth are brushed and I have on a pair of basketball shorts and a white tank top. I exit the room seeing her waiting against the wall and talking to her guard who I believe is named Nadia and another man.

"Gio," She says happily "This is Sam and he will be your personal guard from now on,"

"Personal guard?" I question looking him up and down. He is a dark skinned man, his hair is cropped short, his eyes are so dark they are almost black, and he stands stiffly in a uniform similar to Rayan's without any military patches on it.

"Yes," She says grabbing my arm and pulling me along. The two follow at a safe distance behind us. "We all have one. My mom has an entire team because she's human and my dad is paranoid. Nadia is mine and Santiago has one named Darwin."

"And Rayan?"

She laughs "Rayan is head guard he doesn't need a guard."

"So what is Sam supposed to do? It's not like i'm going to need him around all the time."

"He'll be with you everyday. He basically walks you places and makes sure you are safe all day. The castle isn't always the safest. There are people in and out of here all day."

I nod and look back towards Sam. He nods at me and I smile. "You and Santiago need guards?"

"Not usually but they are just another safety precaution," She pushes me slightly "Don't worry about it I hand picked him he's nice."

It was weird hearing her say she hand picked a person like this was a farmers market. Sam would be good and he looked less intimidating then the usual four men I had circling me around. I don't really like the idea of some man following me around all day long but I couldn't tell her that without telling her about why I don't like men following me around all day. I could only see the conversation going bad and that alone kept me from arguing my point.

"Gio?" she asked waving her hand in front of me. "What's wrong? Do you not like Sam?" I look from her to Sam who most definitely heard that. He keeps a poker face on but I can see in his eyes he's worried about my answer.