Chapter 42

Giovanni Ellis:

"Okay, when Laura gets in here all of you need to be on your best behavior," Santiago snaps and we all look at him in annoyance.

"Boy does this seem familiar," Rayan mumbles looking between Thora and me. I look at him in confusion while Thora just rolls her eyes. "When Thora was introducing you to us officially she had all these stupid ass rules. Santiago broke like every single one of them in under a minute so I think it's only fair Thora does the same."

Santiago rolls his eyes "I had a reason."

"Rayan has a point though," Thora says crossing her arms "Am I allowed to-"

"No."

"But-"

"No," Santiago says again right as the door opens.

Sam holds the door open for a short woman. At first, I don't notice the women come in as my eyes zeroed in on something else. As Sam holds the door open for who I can only assume is Laura, His vest lifts up from the grip he has on the door is pretty high up. He still wears the same broken belt from this morning after training. tied in the front. As if he can feel my gaze he puts his arm down and backs out of the room to stand at his post. I start to get up to follow him but I'm stopped when Santiago opens his mouth.

"This is Laura." He smiles down at her "Laura these are my- friends," He says giving us all heard looks. His look doesn't phase me as the petite women catch my attention.

She is pretty short even beside Thora. Thora happens to be on the taller side for women but then again so do most werewolf women. Laura is the opposite though. She's short with long blonde hair and cat-like green eyes. She fidgets in her spot and then looks up at Santiago who is about my height. he looks down at her and the sheer height difference is crazy. All of this being great and all but that's not what catches my attention.

Her scent is one I have smelled before. I can't pinpoint it but I know for sure I have smelled it. My wolf paces in my mind trying to read the scent and piece it to a certain time. I cock my head to the side in confusion as I stare at her, not sure why I can't pinpoint that specific scent. Rayan also gives her a weird look before he wipes it off his face and smiles.

"Hello Laura," Thora says kindly "I'm Thora."

"Hello," Laura replies in a small voice.

When no one else speaks Thora sighs. "Idiot number one is Giovanni and my mate," She says pointing to me "and idiot number two is Rayan also known as the castles whore."

"Hey!" Rayan screeches "it is rude to slut-shame."

"I didn't say slut," Thora laughs, "I said, whore."

Laura cracks a smile before Santiago clears his throat. "Should we sit?" He asks quickly and we all agree.

We all sit down in our usual spots- well everyone except Rayan. Santiago pushes him away and sits in Rayan's spot letting Laura sit in his spot. Rayan huffs and grabs the ottoman from the nearby couch and sits on it at the edge of the table. 

"Since I'm the only one unmated I just get the boot huh?" Rayan grumbles and Thora laughs.

"Well maybe if you cared about finding yours then this wouldn't be a problem."

"Whatever," He says raising his hand for food. "So Laura, how do you put up with Santiagos attitude?"

Santiago growls and Laura looks confused "He's always nice enough to me," she smiles.

"Oh!" Rayan laughs "So he's been faking it? 'Cause he's a pain in the ass to us."

Thora nods in agreement as the food starts coming in. Santiago shakes his head as a plate is set in front of him. "Maybe I just don't like any of you," he smirks