Chapter 4

Thora Hawthorn:

Training is something I could do forever and never get tired of. Morning training is brutal but to be the best I have got to train like the best. How will I ever protect my kingdom without knowing how to defend myself or hold my own in battle. I won't. Plain and simple. So the logical thing to do is to train twice a day. Once before breakfast and once after dinner.

"Thora! Focus!" Rayan yells as I just barely avoid a flying knife. My eyes widen as I turn and stare at it stuck in the wall. I turn back to Rayan. "What's up with you today? Too busy gazing into Santiago's eyes?"

Santiago glares at Rayan from the bench press and I grimace. "No." I snap at him "Too busy being bored by your predictable ass attacks." This time Santiago smirks and I laugh as Rayan mumbles under his breath at me and goes to retrieve his knife.

I bounce over to Santiago and give him an excited grin. "What time are we going?" Santiago groans

"Later," He says quickly and I go behind him to spot him as he benches 400 pounds like its a stack of papers.

"Later as in when?" I put my hands on my hips. I've been waiting all night to go see the mystery prisoner and sadly Santiago doesn't share my excitement.

"Go where later?" Rayan questions and Santiago and I say nothing. "Fine. I see I'm obviously not welcome on the mystery date you two have planned."

Santiago put the bar back on the rack without any help. "We aren't going on a date, Idiot," he says sitting up and slapping Rayan upside the head. "Maybe we just don't want you in our business." Rayan rolls his eyes.

"Whatever you say." He sings rubbing his head. "Hey Thora, did your boyfriend tell you we had some action last night?" I scrunch up my face and decide to play dumb.

"I don't want to hear about your escapades with the array of women you always somehow have," I tell him. Rayan and Santiago are in no way ugly.

Rayan has curly blond hair that he always keeps shorter on the sides then on the top. He has a face you'd imagine prince charming to have with a strong jawline, crystal blue eyes, and a smile that would make any girl swoon. He is, of course, strong and it shows outwardly as his muscles ripple under most shirts he wears and boy does he love to wear them tight. He stands at exactly six feet and is the goofiest guy I've ever met.

Santiago is the mysterious-looking one of the two. His appearance screams 'bad boy' which is fitting for him. His hair is straight and very dark brown. He keeps in longer than Rayan keeps his, just below his ears. He also has a strong jaw but his eyes are also deep brown. He has two diamond earrings in his ears and his arms are covered in tattoos. He has a muscular build and stands at six foot four. I'd be lying if I said I never had a crush on him but then again so does half of the kingdom.

"Oh shut up!" He laughs and playfully punches me. I smile "No we caught a guy."

"What?" I act surprised.

"Yeah, Santiago put him in the dungeons." Rayan says with a roll of his blue eyes "Which is totally not protocol." I turn to Santiago and give him an 'I told you so' look. Santiago groans.

"Somethings off about that kid," Santiago says and I shrug but its Rayan who speaks up.

"How so?"

"I don't know. Something in me couldn't harm him when he shifted back," He says longingly. Rayan snorts.

"Probably because it took him like five good minutes to shift back into his human form and another five just to lay there and breathe all hard. You'd think it was his first shift," Rayan laughs and now I'm curious as I laugh with him.