Chapter 12

Giovanni Ellis:

I wake up to the sound of rustling in the room. Shooting upright, making my head hit the headboard rather loudly, I see Liam placing a tray with breakfast foods on the bedside table and a glass of orange juice and another glass of water. I rub my head wincing at the aching pain I experience from just the sheer force I hit my head.

Liam's eyes widen and he reaches over towards me. My eyes widen as well at his approaching hands and I let out a warning growl while shoving away from him. He stammers and then bows his head.

"Deepest apologies, Sir," he says quickly backing away. I grunt in response and look around the room. It's obviously the morning time as the sun is out and shining. The window, however, is closed and I squint.

"Did you close that?" I ask him and he nods quickly.

"Yes, Sir," He says putting a fork and knife down and a cloth napkin. "Winter is fast approaching. It's getting cold out." I nod in understanding. I don't really care if it's cold out. I lived outside in the woods for a year before I started taking odd human jobs. Humans loved that I could lift heavy things ad get things done ten times faster than their regular men. Most just thought it was because of my height or because I had taken up bodybuilding. I wonder what they'd do if they would there are several people who are way stronger than me. "I'm glad you are getting so good rest, sir. I hope you are hungry this afternoon."

"I didn't realize I had fallen asleep," I mumble. After my weird dream, I was determined to stay awake. Clearly my body had other ideas. "Afternoon?" I question realizing what he said.

"Yes," He says happily. "It's about two in the afternoon. Just thought maybe you'd like to start your day off with a breakfast meal," He comments happily and I shake my head.

"I'm not hungry," I tell him firmly. My stomach told him a different story though. He gives me a strange look.

"I know it's not my place to say but you need to eat, Sir."

"Where's Arnold," I question ignoring his declaration completely.

"He's cleaning the training equipment today. Would you like me to fetch him?" I shake my head. and stand from the bed easily towering over Liam. He looks up at me as if waiting for something and I raise an eyebrow in question. "May I go, Sir?"

"Yes," I say quickly and he bows deeply and then starts to exit the room. I look at the food and I sigh. "Liam."

"Yes, Sir?"

"Take food." I tell him nodding toward it " Please," I add.

"But Sir," He says and I shake my head. He nods and grabs the tray and exits the room.

I start the slow journey over to the bathroom. I am so weak. Even after sleeping forever my body can barely function. I need food but I can't eat it. Not without knowing how and where it was prepared. However, if I don't get food in me soon I know my body is going to go into starvation mode and my wolf will be forced to put me into a coma to conserve energy.

I decide that a hot shower is what I need. I go over to the shower and turn it on. I strip my clothes and get them quickly. I make sure to bathe quickly and avoid any kind of mirror or reflection of any kind. I hate my body and it depresses me to even think about it so why in the hell would I look at it.

I quickly get out making sure to wrap the towel tightly around my waist. I pad over to the closet and pull out some fresh boxers. I put on some grey sweats and a white t-shirt. I leave my neck length hair to air dry and I throw my towel over the tub.

Just as I exit the bathroom from brushing my teeth I hear a knock at the door. I look around the room dumbly. I am the only one in here, clearly. I cautiously approach the door and put my ear to it softly. The door is so thick because it's soundproof the only thing I can really hear his soft breathing. I grab the door handle and open the door slowly. I put my hand on the door frame and my hand stays firmly on the door to stop anyone from getting in. I look forward before I smell her and my gaze drops down.