Chapter 31

Giovanni Ellis:

Weekend's around the castle have proven to be a lot more chill than the week days are. There is still training but it is less rigorous and we have sleep in days. Less guards around, less maids, food brought to rooms, and no meetings. . .none except mine since I need to be prepared in two months.

After marking Thora, her and I have been almost inseparable. We spend almost very second that I'm not in classes together. For the most part we cuddle in her bed talking and kissing. I never knew I could be so happy as I am now and this weekend proved to me that after we get over all of this press bullshit maybe her and I could be a happy and normal couple.

She always respects the fact that I would rather listen to her talk and provide smaller comments then tell an entire story myself. Of course here and there I add small tidbits about my life before but they are few and far between and she never pushes me into telling her more.

Her mother and father had very weird reactions when fining out that I had marked her. Her mother was overjoyed but reminded me several times that while she wanted grandchildren, Thora could not be pregnant until after the coronation. I didn't want to tell her that I didn't plan on getting Thora pregnant for a long while. Her father had just glared at me and given me extra paperwork to do.He was extra harsh when I got things wrong and even more short with me than usual. Eventually that passed after his not so subtle remark that i'd better keep my genitals to myself.

At first it was weird having her in my head. Even weirder after being made aware that I could mind-link whoever I want to but they cannot mind-link me back unless I keep the link open. The only one with the power to push through my mind is Thora. Her and I can keep our links open all the time or have them closed and when one of us needed the other we can push against the link to get their attention. It's like making a call. With other people it's more like I am forcing myself into their minds. They don't get the option to decline the link. If I open it then we can talk back and forth until I close it and they cant link back.

In my old pack everyone could mind-link their families and that's it. If the alpha needed us he could link us as well but it was less like he was forcing it and more like asking. As an omega I never had the ability to do it. Now being able to is a weird concept. I've never had anyone in my head before.

"What are you thinking about?" Thora walks over to me from out of the bathroom. She sits on the bed to put on her red heels as she continues to look up at me.

"Press conference," I answer shortly glaring in the mirror ahead of me. Why in the hell did they put me in yet another weird ass suit thing.

Thora comes up behind me and wraps her thin arms around my waist. She lays her head on my back "We've prepared for this. Rayan and Santi have already agreed to vouch for you. You have me, the Kingdoms sweetheart. I think you''ll be okay."

I turn in her arms and wrap my own around her thin frame. She stands on her tip toes and looks up at me with a smile. I kiss her nose and then put my chin on top of her head. "I know but just the thought of so many people in one place asking me a bunch of questions-" I trail off.

"I know you don't like questions," She says thoughtfully. "But this is just the first step of many to proving to everyone that you can do this. I will say though I knew a you could a while back."

I laugh "Oh do you want a cookie?"

"A cookie would be great since you ate all my bacon at breakfast," She grumbles getting out of my hold to look at herself in the mirror.

"Payback for eating my dessert last night."

She turns to me with a glare "That was different."