Chapter 6

Thora Hawthorn:

My black heels click on the black marble floors as I walk with Nadia through the corridors to the west wing meeting room. She and I are the only ones walking this way as my heels and the sound of her black combat boots are the only sounds swirling through the halls.

I scrunch my face in annoyance as another plan to go down to the dungeons fails within the confines of my mind. I can't just walk down there. Not without my father being informed and then coming down there and dragging my black ass by my teeth out of there. I don't have clearance to be down there yet and I curse myself for not taking my dad seriously a year ago. I could've had clearance by now if I had started when Santiago did. But in my defense, I didn't care about the dungeons back then.

I've heard that its horrid down there. Completely dark with basically no ventilation. It stinks and worst of all some of the kingdoms worst criminals are down there so I for one have never had much interest venturing down there in the slightest.

We reach the big, heavy set of black double doors that leads into the conference room. I smile at the one guards at the doors and he gives me a polite nod back before opening the doors for me. Rayan clears his throat to announce me with a wink in my direction. I roll my eyes at him but cut him a quick smile.

"Her Royal Highness. Princess Thora Vereena Hawthorn." I smile charmingly as I enter the room only to see that the only three people here are my dad, Santiago, and Santiagos' dad and the current beta Crispin. I drop my smile quickly and walk over to sit on the right of my father as Santiago and Beta Crispin sit on the left.

My father looks every but kingly sitting at the head of the table in his black suit with red robes and crown atop his bald head. Santiago and his father both wear simple black suits and red ties. I, of course, have on my signature red dress. Sweetheart neckline capped sleeves and its knee-length. Semi-formal as my handmaidens call it. My lips are a bold red and so is the ribbon in my hair but every other accessory is black. My tiara however is a simple golden thing. Not too noticeable but still there. Not like the one I wear to balls and on tv broadcast.

I sigh at how quiet it is in here and look to my father. "Since it's only us here I would like to revisit the idea of me going down to the dungeons," I say pleadingly looking at my father. He shakes his head.

"That boy is dangerous," He claims and Santiago raises his head with his eyes wide.

"Dangerous?" Santiago scoffs in surprise "Not a chance." My dad looks to him and Beta Crispin glares at his son.

"Santiago, Deja Que descanse," He chastises in Spanish and Santiago shuts up. I shake my head.

"How do you know?" I direct at my father and he shakes his head.

"I paid him a little visit a couple of hours ago." He pauses and we all wait for him to go on "He attacked two guards and me." I gasp. Attacking the King? Unheard of.

"What?" I question in confusion. From what I had heard from Rayan the pup is every bit weak he seemed and Santiago didn't argue with that fact.

"I tell you no for a reason, Thora." My father claims and I glare.

"You didn't even know he was dangerous until you went down there," I say back smartly and my father glares at me too.

"Every stranger is a danger to you, Thora. You'd do well to remember that," He snaps. The tension between him and I grow and I huff. Crossing my arms over my chest I turn towards the door as it opens.

"Council Member." Rayan pauses for a second taking in my angry face. He gives me a confused look as I mouth later and he continues. "Miss Alice Kite"