Chapter 29

Giovanni Ellis:

"So I was looking at the media page today-" Rayan starts as we sit down for lunch. My mind is still reeling from what I said today. I can't believe that Thora is actually still with me. She hasn't let go of my hand since I said what I said. I didn't ever expect her to stay with me and now that she knows Ic an't help but think that she thinks i'm weaker than she originally thought.

"Why the hell were you on the media page?" Santiago questions "You were supposed to be training the newbies."

"I was training the newbies but I guess I was training them to hard because one of those poor guys threw up on my pants and I had to go back to my room to change them," Rayan says shivering at the thought

"Gross," Thora comments leaning into me. I smile down at her.

"Anyway I was on the media page and you'll never believe what I saw," he waits for us to say something but none of us do.

Santiago sighs "spit it out already."

"Giovanni's old Alpha has taken to the media," Rayan say quickly sliding a tablet over to us. Thora and I look at the screen

'Your New Prince Might Be the Prince of Sexual Assault' It reads in big bold letters. Under it is a video of Alpha West and his sister sitting side by side looking every bit sad as they can muster up. Before I can respond Thora slides the tablet back over to Rayan.

"Fake news," she says quickly watching as Santiago takes the tablet.

"Why the hell would he say this?" Santiago demands slamming the tablet down.

"It's not true," I say feeling the same thing as earlier happening.

"The what is?" Rayan asks taking the tablet back.

I sigh and close my eyes bringing up the story that Thora's parents made up. "I was an omega in my old pack. No one liked me and I would get the shit beat out of me almost everyday. One day Alpha West beat me so bad but I fought back. I embarrassed him in front of the pack and then I ran. I imagine he just wants sympathy or hush money from us."

Rayan and Santiago blink at me in surprise. "You beat up Alpha west?" Rayan asks seriously

"Forget about that! Do the King and Queen know?" Santiago runs his hands through his hair.

"Yes," Thora says "He has a press conference on Monday to set the record straight."

"The people hate you," Rayan laughs scrolling through the comments. Santiago slaps him upside the head and he glares "What?"

"Not helping," Thora mumbles.

"The coronation is in two months so I have until then to prove to the people my innocence and gain their trust," I comment and they both nod.

"I'll vouch for you." Rayan nods "The people like me."

"I will too," Santiago says. "I'll pledge my allegiance and trust for you at the press conference."

I nod and smile at them. I was happy they wanted to pledge their allegiance to me but it is based on a lie. Of course I couldn't tell them the truth because unlike Thora they aren't also my mates. They won't be so easily persuaded by my sob story especially not Santiago.

Lunch goes by with Rayan talking about his latest victim being some girl he met at the ball. Santiago talks about how boring boarder patrol was and Thora complains that she never gets to go. The three of them make my laugh and smile the whole time finally taking my mind off of all the mess i've somehow gotten into over the past two weeks.

"What the hell Rayan," Thora laughs when we start to rise from our chairs to go on about our days. I look up at him to see him tugging on his vest like he usually does except now he's sporting the biggest hickey i've ever seen. "It should've healed by now!"

"This was from right before lunch," Rayan laughs "It'll be gone by the end of the day."

"From who?" Santiago questions looking at it.

"This girl who works in the kitchens. I forget her name but she's hot and must be half vampire because, Goddess," Rayan laughs straightening out his uniform.

We all shake our heads and go about our days. Santiago and Thora go one way to talk about funds and reinforcements for some pack on the west coast, Rayan goes back to training the newbies and I walk alone towards King Silas office.

Sam follows at a safe distance behind me and I wonder if he knows about the news. I don't talk to him as we walk to the King's office. The only sound is our footsteps on the marble flooring.

I knock once and enter the room like I was told to "King Silas," I bow.

He looks up from his papers and motions for me to shut the door. "Sit,Giovanni," I do and wait for further instruction. He continues to look at his papers, reading whatever is on them before signing his name at the bottom and putting them in the large pile of others. He clears his throat. "Okay I won't insult you by teaching you the basics so we are going to jump right in."

"Sounds good," I nod and he hands me a paper.

"Read this," He says handing me a piece of paper.

Looking down I do as I am told. Braxton James wants to leave his current pack,New Moon Pack, and become the Alpha of his own. He currently has sixty members on board and would like to start the process of change. He request access into the castle and the audience of His and Her Royal Highness. He also would like to request land be claimed in uncharted territory for his members to live on while he is away.

I look up at him once I finish and raise an eyebrow "What do you think?"

I shrug "I don't know, Sir."

"Think Giovanni," He sighs "I know theres a brain in there and we have less then two months to expose it."

"I really don't know," I say glancing back down at the paper. What was I supposed to do? Decide whether or not to crush this guys dreams of becoming his own Alpha.

"Do you know how many packs there currently are?" I shake my head "Sixty. There are thirty in North America, ten in Europe, Fifteen in Africa, and five in Asia."

"And that means?"

"Having thirty in North America has already proven to be a struggle. They all have their own land but Alpha's are greedy. They always want more." he sighs "Making another pack would change the entire balance that we have worked out and they'd all be dead within a week."

"Because they'd be weak other Alpha's would target them," I say finally realizing what he is getting at.

"Exactly," He states. He turns his laptop around and slides it to me. "Respond to him as the new Prince as to why he cannot start his own pack."

My eyes widen. The people already hate me and he wants me to give them more of a reason."What? The people hate me should I really be giving them more of a reason?"

"The people will love you for this. Being a fair and noble King will give them something you did to see. They will like the fact that you can be stern," He nods "Use some of that confidence I know you have."