Chapter 32

Thora Hawthorn:

The band of reporters stopped talking while he speaks. He demands their attention and I can almost feel the power radiating off of him. After he marked me it was obvious that he'd get stronger and he has. Beating Rayan in training which Rayan said was unfair and nearly beating Santiago who claims he could've done it if he would focus. But no mark could ever imitate the amount of strength and power radiating off of him right now.

Each one of his words seem to be dipped in venom that makes everyone listen to him. The looks on their faces are priceless. When he walked in it was very obvious in the quiet room that he was all nerves. Even while just taking pictures his heart was beating rapidly as if trying to escape his chest. His hands got all sweaty and I tried not to let on to the fact that I noticed but it was practically a slip and slide, how could I not notice.

The room fell silent as he finishes saying what he has to say to gain their attention. They all blink a couple times slightly bowing their heads. One of them raises from his seat adjusting the glasses he doesn't actually need on his nose. He clears his throat and looks down at the notes in front of him. "Prince Giovanni," He pauses and looks up to make sure Gio is actually listening. Gio gives the man his full attention and the man continues "The rumors that have circled about you are honestly very disturbing. How shall we trust you as our Prince or even our King in the near future?"

Gio raises his chin and takes a deep breath. He looks to all of them catching each one of their eyes as he gazes into the crowd. "I have never sexually abused anyone in my entire life. I don't very much like being touched by anyone so it's far fetched that i'd do that to someone else," He pauses and squeezes my hand "I was- abused by Alpha West. I was an omega and because of that I was the punching bag for the rest. The day I left I caused Alpha West some trouble by embarrassing him in front of several pack members thus threatening his authority. I left right then and lived as a rogue for three years. The allegations have only since come out not that I am crowned Prince and next in line. I refuse to let anyone lie about me in that way. Alpha West is not a lenient man. If he wanted me dead he would've had me dead."

The reporters all take notes on the statement but no one say anything about it. Instead they look to me. The same man begins to speak again. "And how about you Princess Thora? Do these allegations against your supposed mate make you fear for the future."

I almost growl at the insinuation but I suppress it. "Giovanni has never so much as laid an unwanted finger on me before. I'm most positive he never will. I am more concerned with the fact that you are insinuating that he is not my mate," I growl out the last part and the man stammers.

Some women picks up his slack. "Another rumor going around that he is not really your mate and rather a poser sent here to kill you or gain information. He was a rogue and an omega with sexual assault allegations against him. Yet you stand by him with no hesitation. He wishes the downfall of this Kingdom-"

She is quickly cut off with a growl, although the growl didn't escape my lips. The growl came from Gio as he slams his hand on the table looking the women up and down. "Watch your words very carefully when you speak about her. I will not be accused of anything close to sexual assault towards my mate," He pauses and looks at all of them "You can accuse me of whatever you will but don't bring her into it."

My heart swells at his words and the obvious protection over me he has. I don't know whether to find it hot or cute that he is defending me in such a way. Of course it's hot how aggressive he was in that moment alone. His large hand slides off he table to rest on my thigh and my breath hitches. I'm going to say hot for now and revisit the fact that he scared the hell out of the poor reporters.