Chapter 32 - Hours Earlier

Saville's POV:

The constant vibrations of my phone were crushing the last remnants of my heart. Shutting off the phone entirely, I slipped it into the side pocket of my carry-on. Just as I sat up in my seat, I saw Finn's phone start ringing mercilessly. It didn't surprise me as much as it probably should have that they found his number. Glancing at my friend, I can see the hesitation and weighing of options in his head.

Grabbing the phone quickly, I decline the call from the familiar number and move to block it further from calling again. As I do it, I hope that their anger overcomes the love and they manage to move on. Despite my attempts at dampening our relationship, nothing seemed to work.

             "Are you sure you want to do this?" Finny asks, while tucking his phone away in his lap.

             "I don't have another option. I can either choose them or my career, and what kind of man would I be if I gave up my career? I'm not going to be someone's housewife." I said, the entire time my mind was split into two.

Did I want to leave them? No. Did I need too? Yes, because it was exactly like what I was telling Finn. If I had stayed, my fan base would have been demolished. I wouldn't get the work that I truly want to do, the work I'm getting right now...

               "What are you going to do now then?" Finn spoke, while nodding his head in disagreement with my last statement.

                "I'm not sure. Violet invited me to her club, so maybe I'll go and try to meet someone more appropriate." I said while deeply thinking about the prospect of starting something new with someone.

              "Love isn't really supposed to be appropriate." Finn grumbled under his breathe, but he'd be crazy to think I didn't hear him.

               "Up until 8 weeks ago, I didn't think I'd ever want to be in love again. They taught me that it was okay to trust someone again."

            "What did you teach them?" Finn asked as we began the elevation into the air at JFK. In a little more than 5 hours, we'd be touching down at LAX again and I would be picking up where I left off... kind of...

           "How to hate someone." I answered Finn question quickly, before I pulled a stewardess over and requested a cocktail.

________

24 Hours Earlier

It had been a few days since the funeral, a few days back in New York too. I'd been extremely busy on-set, trying to finish the production since Principal Photography was scheduled to end tomorrow. Everyone on set could see the finish line and was getting more and more anxious to cross it.

It was around 1:20 am when I went to my trailer to rest a bit before my next scene. Violet and I had become experts in power napping and despite how experience, waking in heart-pounding terror didn't go away. Finn was off the clock and as far as my knowledge goes, he was taking Sabrina out to dinner.

Before I could take my nap though, I had to check my itinerary for tomorrow. Pulling out Finn's laptop from my bag, I opened it and found a Pages document up and running. I began to read the script that was loaded and assumed someone had sent it for me.

I'd read three pages, one scene, and I was sure certain that this needed to be made into something. It would be a phenomenal movie, TV series, or even play. Scrolling up to the first page, I wanted to see what it was being called and who wrote it. Imagine my surprise when I see my Assistant's name typed out and the title is blank.