Chapter 6 - Is it Alex or Axxel?

Chapter 6

"Alex 'Axxel Ram' Marx pictured above.)

Saville's POV:

If I told you I spent my last few days before starting production being productive and actually achieving things, would you really believe it? Because that is the official story; the unofficial story being that I would spend my days by the pool, the afternoon in the gym and shoot it all to hell getting drunk in my hotel room all night. Sleep, wake up, repeat.

What else was I going to do? I didn't have friends, I didn't have family here and I definitely wasn't happy. I'm an actor though, which means when I pretend and lie, it means something else... right?

Despite efforts to pull myself together, the most I ever achieved was going to the gym. I did it for most of my day, thinking I could at least write it off as preparing for my role. Tomorrow I had the first day of Production and just the sheer thought of work and distractions were a welcome ray of sunshine. While I knew most of the people working this film, not only from other sets, but also from just the industry in general. The one person I had yet to meet, my co-star.

She was playing modern-day Audrey Hepburn in her iconic role as Café Socialite, Holly Golightly. I was her new neighbor Paul 'Fred' Varjack and was more than a little excited to work this film. If done right, this movie could solidify my standing and talent in Hollywood forever. If it was done wrong, it could mean the end of several careers.

I wasn't ready to throw in the towel on my legacy just yet though. Because, despite my pain and the personal demons that I had attached to myself, I loved my job. Maybe not every single thing, but then again, what job is truly perfect, day in, day out? Not many I would imagine.

My jumbled thoughts scattered to the wind when the hotel elevator dropped my sweating ass off on my floor. Leaning against my Hotel door stood Mason Eastwood, and when I say turning around and leaving were an option, I'm not lying. His facial expression was one of many different emotions, some I had seen before and some, I wished never to see on him.

Hyping myself up as I walked, I smiled at him before letting both of us into the room, the thick silence wrapping around like a boa constrictor. Re-kindling our friendship was supposed to be happy, and now I had to ruin that with one irresponsible, heartbreaking night of truly incredible sex. Looking at the Greek god sitting on my bed, I wondered in my head how he must see me? Can he see me? The real me? Can anyone?

"I know the Dom you went home with." Mason begins for us, setting me up for a killer come-back and I manage to hit it out of the ballpark. Home-fucking-run.

"I'm sure you do, yet I already have an assistant who keeps track of that sort of thing. If that's all Mason, I'd really like to get back to my day." I reply with such a curt, and positively cunt-y way that even I mentally cringe at the horror.

"I thought I saw him the other day..." Mason mumbles, standing from his seat on my bed. His hand rests on the back of his neck, face ripe with disappointment and a sliver of anger.

"Who?" I ask, turning around from my clean clothes to look at Mason's statuesque pose.

"He was funny, kind, and so much like I had remembered. I thought he needed saving, but I was obviously wrong." Mason's voice rings through the room, squeezing my heart with his words as he speaks of me. Walking across the room, obscenely close to my body, He soon reaches past me for my bottle of water. It takes him one sniff of the Evian bottle, for him to cringe and close it quickly.

"You can't save someone who doesn't want to be... See you in another few years Blondie!" Mason speaks, mumbling my nickname like a curse as the hotel room closes with a loud soul-crushing click.