Chapter 29 - Notorious Planning

Saville's POV:

It nagged me for the rest of the day. I don't know when it become so normal in my life, but I could hear the song everywhere I went. Sometimes it hit me, like when you hear your name called during a loud song. I couldn't figure out if it scared me or not, a lot of things these days were like that.

Paparazzi shutters, the mumbling of words and the yell of questions filled my brain. I couldn't get the feeling of it all out of my head. It was a song, one I knew all the lyrics too, but nothing about the artist or album.

I had been sitting in this gray box of a room for what felt like hours. The walls were boring, the table was boring, and yet the mirror on one wall told a different story. I tried as hard as I could to keep my eyes away from that mirror. I was sure unfriendly eyes were studying me from behind it.

To be honest, I didn't mind the break from the real world at the moment. I'm sure the internet was flooding with news of Gillian's death and whatever rumor there was about me killing him. Was it such an easy jump for everyone to make about me? Movie Star to Murderer?

As I thought more about it, some celebrities are notorious for their crimes. Either crimes against the industry, themselves, or... others?

Don King, O.J. Simpson, Sid Vicious were all charged with murder. O.J. and Sid killed their loved ones, so was it so big of a jump for people to make? I could only have hope that people wouldn't get too attached to the image of me as a criminal.

            "Mr. Carter, I'm so sorry to keep you waiting so long." A youngish detective said as he sauntered in the room I sat in.

            "I doubt that, but let's just get on with it." I meant it to be snarky, and I didn't quite care about the look I got in return.

             "I just have a few questions about your husband's passing." His voice was condescending, like he couldn't believe he had to do this. I don't know if he didn't like me, or if he just resented me. Either way, I couldn't care less about how he felt about me, I simply wanted to be out of this room.

              "Where were you last night between the hours of 12 am and 3 am?" Detective Douche asked, to which I audibly sighed and replied.

               "I was at 2234 Reade Street, the Doorman, Murray Gutman can more than confirm this. He checks me in and out of the building." I answered nonchalantly.

               "What were you doing there that late at night?" Detective Douche spoke without looking up from the papers in front of him.

               "That's none of your business Sir. I have given you an alibi, a more than reliable one given the amount of security cameras inside and around that building. Maybe somewhere in your papers there you will find an autopsy report, one that says in no delicate terms that my idiot husband OD'd. You have no need for an alibi, you have no need for this interview at all, aside from all the press your getting simply from having me in here. If your finished with your asinine questions, I would like to either be arrested or let the fuck go." 

What followed was nothing short of a staring contest. One in which I didn't care who won. The detective was speechless after everything I had said, and for once it was nice to have been outwardly rude.

             "Mr. Carter how could you have possibly known your husband's cause of death? Especially if you hadn't been there." His eyes were wide and looking at me in sort of 'gotchu' look. He seemed pompous, egotistical and overall, just a complete jackass.