Chapter 21 - Surprising Bacon Plot

Saville's POV:

It could be considered hypocritical to say that Manhattan was beautiful in the morning. Mostly because it's always beautiful. The light reflecting off all the glass and steel of the skyscrapers before being filtered through the green of large trees is magnificent. Yet when the sun fades and the nighttime lights up, the city transforms into a new and much different place.

The sun was out at 9am, but not yet soaking the city in heat. As I walked up 5th Avenue, I thought of my plans for the day. I needed to retrieve my handy assistant from our hotel room, and the nicest way seemed to be with coffee in hand.

Convincing the laundry people at my hotel to let me sneak in with them wasn't hard. The paparazzi was still camping outside the lobby and no doubt disturbing all the other guests. While I wished I could change it, the people with cameras were never going to listen to me. I may be able to manipulate them and what they swarm about, but nothing I try will be able to get rid of them.

I don't know whether it was my distaste for all my previous living situations, but I loved hotels. There was something very comforting, relaxing and almost safe to them. I didn't hate them like my contemporaries. While many of my co-stars would request apartments for their stay while filming, I was perfectly comfortable in a respectable hotel.

As I got off the elevator and approached the door to my room, I audibly chuckled at my neighbors. It was only 9:45 in the morning and yet loud whiny moans could be heard. Whoever was being fucked was having a good time and was on the right track to finishing. I wasn't thinking much as I entered the slightly monochromatic beige hotel room.

What I wasn't expecting was to see my baby Sister riding my Assistant as they both moaned. Putting the coffee down, I bit my tongues harshly to keep everything in. Turning right around, I left the room as they screamed and noticed my presence for the first time.

           "Nope!" I yelled, as I left the room, popping the 'P' only to hear chuckles in response.

Though I was blushing WAY too much, and despite the pit in my stomach from seeing them like that; I couldn't stop smiling and laughing loudly as I got back in the elevator. Looking down at my phone, I saw my manager calling me and so I tried to collect myself before answering.

            "Hello TJ." I spoke, a bit of lightness still in my voice.

             "Meet me in the restaurant." This was all I got out of him before the call ended.

I assumed he meant the hotel's restaurant and so I headed there quickly. As I arrived, I was seated almost immediately next my manager who had food, his phone and a large iPad in front of him. Before he could even look up, the waiter walked up and asked for my order. Since I wasn't starving, I ordered something small along with coffee since my Starbucks was long gone.

              "3 weeks in Manhattan and your personal life is in flames? I have multiple networks requesting interviews with you, and magazines calling for comment. How did this happen?" My manager, TJ asks as I steal a piece of bacon off his plate and eat it.

             "You want to know how this happened? I got away from my abusive Husband and decided not to go back to him. That's the short and sweet, you won't be getting the long story anytime soon. Also, I'm not commenting and I'm not going to do interviews... not yet at least." I answered as TJ's face contorted into one of shock and yet somehow remained business casual.

When I turned away from his contrite face, I see the multiple TV's over the hotel bar displaying the fourth hour of the Today show. Yet it's the headline under Kathie Lee and Hoda that grabs my attention "Gillian Holter Speaks Out About Split". As I watch and read the subtitles, I can hear TJ talking but I no longer care.