natsu x girlfriend!reader [pre-1]

This part is basically the prelude to the wife one shots. It is how Natsu and his wife met up into the birth of their son, Ignis. A lil bit of angst btw but will become fluffy

Enjoy

~•~

Dark rain clouds obscured the sky as droplets pelted the ground. Thunder clapped and lighting flashed overhead, providing a brief glimpse of light. A sole mage trudged through the storm shivering.

It was so dark, she didn't even know what town she was in. She was freezing, tired, and starting to get sick. Luckily for her, a large building came in. Another flash of lighting struck over head; a guild insignia came into view.

~•~

Natsu was bored. Due to the rain, nobody could leave for missions or most people stayed home to avoid the storm. Hell, neither Gray nor Erza were there!

Sighing, Natsu slammed his face on the table.

"You ok Natsu?" Asked Happy, flying over.

"There's nothing to do," the pyro complained.

"Aye... the rain's really gloomy."

Natsu sat up and rested his hand on his cheek. "I wish something interesting would happen."

The door to the guild suddenly opened. Lighting flashed outside revealed a cloaked person. They walked inside, boots thumping against the wooden floor and water dripping from their clothes. To Natsu, the person smelled really good. A strong floral scent came from them, and it for some reason, made him happy.

The cloaked person walked further into the guild, not saying anything. Once they got to the center of the room before collapsing. Instantly, Natsu jumped up and rushed to their side. He lifted them up gently, cradling their cold body to his.

The hood fell down revealing a pretty s/c skinned girl with h/c hair.

For some reason, his heart began to race. Natsu didn't know what it was, but for some reason, his instinct was telling him to protect this girl with his life.

Six years later

Sixteen year old Y/n carefully bandaged up Natsu's bleeding forehead after Erza knocked him into the wall. She gently placed a bandaid over the wound making the salmon haired boy cringe.

"You're so reckless taking on Erza like that," Y/n muttered. She closed up her medical kit. Natsu chuckled nervously, his cheeks tinting red.

"But I can always count on you to patch me up," he said. This time Y/n blushed. 

The other guild members could shake their heads at the two's bashful interactions. Ever since Y/n arrived at the guild that night, it was so painfully obvious that the two were infatuated with one another. Natsu always bought her f/f, sweets and flowers. On the other hand, Y/n constantly babied him, always treating his wounds and taking care of him. Neither though ever took it a step further, and it was starting to frustrate the other members.

"When will those two idiots just get together?" Gray grumbled.

"I knew Natsu was dense, but I didn't think Y/n would be the same," Mira sighed watching the two clueless lovebirds stumble over their words as they talked to each other.

"Everyone, I have an idea," Erza suddenly announced.

After disclosing her plans, she, Mira, Lisanna, Gray, Cana, and Levy sprang into action. Gray, Erza and Lisanna took Natsu while the other girls grabbed Y/n. Confused, both idiots didn't have the chance to ask questions before they were both whisked away.