Cana x fem! reader

Requested by @Goldypants

Cana sat at the bar surprisingly sober. She did have a drink in front of her, but she barley drank any of it.

"Hey, what's up with Cana? She seems upset," Lucy asked. Mira, who was washing some dishes, looked over at the brunette sitting alone.

"Oh. Is it that time of year again?" Mira frowned sadly.

"Time of year?"

Mira set the dishes down. "It's Cana's birthday soon."

"Her birthday?! They why don't we-"

"She won't. Not unless Y/n comes home."

"Y/n?"

"Cana's girlfriend."

"G-girlfriend!" Lucy exclaimed. Never in a million years would she have thought Cana to be gay. Mira just nodded smiling slightly.

"They're a cute couple. As different as day and night. Three years ago though, Y/n received a special solo mission from the king. She sadly had to leave the day before Cana's birthday. Because of that, Cana didn't celebrate that year. She hasn't celebrated since."

"I see. I can't imagine how hard it must be for her," Lucy said sadly. An idea then struck Lucy. "You know what?"

~*~

Cana collapsed on her bed. Her eyes landed on the picture frame sitting on the stand. Reaching over, Cana grabbed it.

In the picture, there was her and another female with H/c hair. Cana had rosy cheeks from alcohol and the girl had an innocent, shy, smile.

Cana smiled chuckling to herself. "Y/n... Just what job did you take?"

Two days later, Cana headed toward the guild grudgingly. Her birthday. She hated this one day of the year more than any other.

Cana walked up to the large guild. All the lights were off to her surprise when she opened the door. "Hello?" Cana called.

The lights kicked on and everyone jumped out of hiding spots. "Surprise! Happy birthday Cana!" Balloons decorated the area. Streamers hung from the ceiling.

"Y-you guys. You didn't-should've."

"We wanted to," Lucy said walking over. "You're our friend." Cana frowned.

"Thanks, but I don't feel like celebrating if Y/n isn't here."

"Am I late?" Someone asked kicking open the door to the guild.

"Nope. Just in time," Mira assured with a smiled.

"Ok good."

Cana's eyes widened. There in the doorway stood a female with S/c and H/l h/c. She wore a fluffy f/c sweater and held a large beautifully wrapped present in her arms.

"Y-y/n," Cana whispered. Y/n gave her a smile.

"Hi Cana. Happy birthday!" Tears pooled Cana's eyes.

"Damn that." She runs at Y/n embracing her tightly. Y/n dropped the gift in shock. "You're back." Y/n smiled softly.

"Yeah. I'm back." Cana pulled Y/n in kissing her, not caring that the whole guild was watching. Y/n had a blush on her cheeks once Cana pulled away.

"Now let's celebrate!"

The guild erupted into cheers. The night was filled with joy and laughter.

Y/n sat at the bar with Cana as her girlfriend drank away.

"You aren't a drinker?" The blonde girl which Y/n learned was Lucy asked.

"Oh no. I don't hold alcohol very well. A slight drop is enough to make me tipsy."

"Wow! You really are the complete opposite of Cana." Y/n giggled.

"Yes. We quite are."

"Y/n, I missed you so much!" Cana said somewhat whinny. She was completely wasted. "Don't ever leave me...*hiccup*... That long again." Cana grasped Y/n's arm tightly.

"O-ok. I won't promise. Let's get you home now."

By now, Y/n was used to carrying Cana home. She hoisted her up leaning her body against hers as they walked out of the guild avoiding the brawl that Natsu started.

Once they reached their apartment and Y/n unlocked the door with the key, she carried Cana to their room and laid her on the bed.

"Hey, Y/n," Cana called.

"Hm?"

"That mission you took...what took so long?"

Y/n frowned slightly. "I'll explain it later. You need to get some sleep. You'll have a bad hangover tomorrow."

Cana groaned. Y/n chuckled a little.

"Sleep with me?" Cana asked holding her arms out. Y/n rolled her eyes but climbed in bed nonetheless. Cana wrapped her arms around Y/n burying her face against Y/n's neck. "I love you. I'm glad your back."

"Me too."

And the two dozed off.