Natsu x child! Reader

"Come on Happy! We have to go see her before the job," Natsu said smiling.

"Aye sir!"

Natsu grabbed his backpack and put a nicely wrapped gift in it. He braved himself for the two hour train trip. It wouldn't be so bad as long as he remembered your smile. If he remembered that, he could do anything.

~*~

Erza walked into the guild pulling her bulk load of luggage. Lucy and Gray were talking with each other by the bar.

"Are you all ready?"

"Yeah," Lucy answered.

"Can't go yet. Waiting for Natsu," Gray said. Erza looked around not seeing the pink haired male nor his blue cat companion.

"Where is he? He's usually on time." To be later than Erza meant you practically forgot what you agreed to.

"You're waiting for Natsu?" Mira asked. "He'll be gone a while but he left a note." She handed it to Lucy who sweatdropped.

"His handwriting's terrible."

Went to Hanashiya City. Be back later
Natsu and Happy

"That imbecile. That city is seven hours from the town we need to go to," Erza growled. Gray and Lucy paled. "We set out for Hanashiya instead to get the idiot."

"Y-yes ma'am."

~*~

2 hours later

Natsu quickly ran off the train wants it stopped. "FREEDOM!" Happy sighed flying after him.

"Remember why we're here?"

Natsu stopped and smiled. "Right. Let's go see Y/n!"

The city wasn't extremely large, about as large as Magnolia. There was a small guild that wasn't overly known but the city was still cheerful. As assumed by name Hanashiya, a lot of flowers bloomed.

Natsu and Happy went nonstop, not even going on a break for lunch, to their destination.

Hanashiya Mental Institution

"We're here to see Y/n," Natsu told the lady at the receptionist. She gave them a side glance.

"Oh. You two again. She'll be glad to see you. Go right down."

Natsu nodded. He and Happy went to the elevator going to the fourth floor. Natsu eagerly went on ahead, traveling down the white halls until he got to the final room. He looked through the window and saw a young girl about Wendy's age sitting in the corner.

You were in your own thoughts when you heard someone knocking on the glass. Natsu waved eagerly to you and your face lit up. He entered the room and you ran and hugged him tightly.

"Onii-san you came!"

Natsu wasn't your biological brother but you thought of him as one. Family isn't always blood. He smiled his famous smile.

"I told you I'd come. Hey! You're wearing the dress I got you."