Mavis x daughter! Reader

Requested by @SkyDragonHeaven

Y/n awoke in the middle of the night. The nightmare was still vivid in her mind and she couldn't stop the few tears that fell.

Grabbing her blanket, Y/n's little feet softly patted against the floor as she walked down the hall to her mom's room.

The door was slightly creaked open. Y/n quietly pushed it and walked in. She could see her mom asleep in the center of the queen sized bed that was in the center of the room.

Y/n walked over and shook her mom's shoulder. "Mommy...mommy..." She whispered.

Mavis moaned before sitting up. Hey long blonde hair cascaded down her back messily. "Y/n..." She yawned. "Why are you up?"

"I had a bad dream. Can I sleep with you?" Mavis looked at her with tired eyes before sighing.

"Alright. Come on." Y/n nodded and climbed on to the bed pulling the covers. Mavis scooted over giving her room. She then pulled the covers over the both of them. "What was it about?" Mavis asked.

"Huh?"

"Your dream. What was it about?"

"Oh...um... T-there was a fire. And I was on an island. I tried to find you but I couldn't." Y/n started to cry. "And there was a scary man wearing a mask."

Mavis cupped Y/n's cheek. She wiped her tears away with her thumb. She knew that dream all too well. She's had it before. She's lived it.

"I'm sorry..." Mavis apologized. "I'm sorry you had to see that."

"What do you mean, mommy?" Y/n asked.

"I'll tell you when you're old enough to remember. Try to get some sleep." Y/n nodded rubbing her eyes.

But Mavis already knew she wasn't just going to fall right back to sleep.

"Mommy..."

"Hm?"

"I miss daddy."

"...I miss him too."

"When will he come back?"

"I...I don't know sweetheart. But know he loves you very much."

"Then why'd he leave?"

"I-it's complicated. Go to sleep. We'll talk in the morning."

Y/n nodded. But she didn't go to sleep. She played with her blanket starring up at the ceiling. She stayed quiet though to not bother her mother.

"Want to watch a movie?" Mavis asked.

"Can we watch F/m?"

"I'll go make some popcorn."

Y/n smiled and followed her mom down stairs to the kitchen. She sat on the counter swinging her feet listening to the popping of the kernels.

Once the microwave hit zero, Mavis took the bag out careful of the heat. She opened the bag and stuffed some of the buttery popcorn in her mouth.

"No, mommy, you'll eat it all!" Y/n exclaimed reaching for the bag. Mavis smiled and grabbed her, carrying her the rest of the way.

"Now I can't with you in my arms." Y/n giggled. Mavis threw her on to the bed. She bounced up and down causing the pillows to fall on the floor. Mavis walked over to the DVD player and put the movie in.

The two of them ate all the popcorn not even fifteen minutes in. Y/n tired to watch the whole to movie, but by forty five minutes in, she fell asleep leaning on Mavis.

Mavis smiled and turned off the tv. Careful not to wake Y/n, she covered their bodies with the blankets. Y/n rolled over facing her. Her breathing was soft. The corner of her lip turned upward slightly. Mavis smiled.

"I hope this dream is better than the last." She then turned the lights off and eventually fell asleep.