Zeref x fem!reader pt2

For the next 400 years, Zeref continued to research life and death to find a way to bring back his little brother and his lover. At the same time he created beings called Etherious. Those with enough strength and magical power to potentially kill him. But they weren't successful.

So he created E.N.D.

Etherious Natsu Dragneel.

His ultimate creation. The perfect being. The one who should complete the task. If he could die, it would put an end to the hellish nightmare of immortality and he could be reunited with his Y/n.

One day while out gathering herbs, Zeref stumbled across the Fire Dragon King Igneel. After acquainting with one another, the Dragon agreed to teach Natsu Dragon Slayer Magic and raise him. Zeref then became aware of the plan created by Igneel, Metalicana, Grandeeney, Weisslogia and Skiadrum to use the Dragon Soul Technique to seal their damaged souls inside young Dragon Slayers that they have raised and travel to the future, where the Ethernano-dense air would help them recover enough to kill Acnologia.

Zeref helped them do so with the hopes to destroy Acnologia for good. He had the Celestial Spirit Mage Anna Heartfilia open the Eclipse Gate to the future, while also four hundred years later having her descendant, Layla Heartfilia open another version of the Gate to connect the two time periods. The Dragon Slayers chosen arrived in the future on July 7, X777 thinking that was the day their parents disappeared.

For that remaining time, Zeref travelled Ishgar, keeping his distance from people. He had a brief encounter with Mavis Vermilion and her guild Fairy Tail. After teaching them magic, the same curse, the curse of Ankhseram befell Mavis after she used a dark spell. Zeref for the first time since Y/n's death felt like someone could understand him. Someone could relate to his pain.

However, the love he had for Y/n and his desire to bring her back prevented him from seeing Mavis as anything other than a sister. But still, platonic love was a form of love. And the result was the same for whenever he loved someone: they died.

"If she was a Fairy, then I must be a Spriggan," Zeref told himself after delivering Mavis's corpse to her guild. After that he headed West and created the Alvarez empire on the contentment of Alakitasia. Originally it started off as a small nation of several guilds to help defeat Acnologia. But it only grew to become the powerful nation it was now.

Emperor Spriggan on Alakitasia. Zeref the black wizard on Ishgar.

"Who would you see me as, Y/n?" Zeref asked himself sadly. He kept her body preserved all these years in a Lacrima that was kept in a spacial room in the castle. Her once tattered dress was replaced with a gorgeous garment, fit for a queen. Her skin was still soft and young since she hadn't aged in 400 years. She honestly looked like she was sleeping peacefully. A deep eternal slumber.

Once the Spriggan 12 found out about it, they dubbed her as Zeref's Empress. It spread around Alvarez quickly so most people were now under the impression that the empire was run by the Emperor and his Empress.

He thought about turning her into an etherious, but he didn't want her sense of humanity to be distorted by her desire to kill him. That's what they were made for after all. But since it worked so well with E.N.D. he applied the same process, sent her body to the future through Eclipse, but kept it preserved in lacrima.

He thought maybe keeping her in a cryostasis like state would dilute the effects of ethernano overtime and the dark magic wouldn't corrupt her.
For years Zeref had Invel look for ways to revive her from the lacrima, but he always came up short.

"Your Majesty," speaking up said person, Invel entered the chamber Zeref was in. The glasses wearing male bowed. "I'm pleased to see you returned safely. I hate to interrupt your time with her majesty, but you have a visitor who wishes to have an audience with you."