Cobra x reader [AU]

Y/n Pov
My alarm clock went off at exactly 6:00 on Monday. I groan annoyed and slam the damn pest off.
I sit up and rub the sleep out of my eyes. Grabbing my things, I head to the bathroom and prepare for my first day of school.

My name is Y/n Dragneel. I'm a sophomore at Fairy Academy, one of the top private schools in the country. I have two brothers, a twin, Natsu, and an older one, Zeref, who's a senior.

After I'm in the school uniform, I chose to wear the boy's because I hate skirts, I head down stairs. Natsu was scarfing down breakfast while Zeref was just getting off the phone with someone.

"Was that Mavis?" I tease sitting at the counter. Zeref's cheeks turn pink. I giggle. Even though he and Mavis Vermilion have been dating for a couple years now, he's still always so flustered. And because of that, I tease him a lot.

"You ready for school?" Zeref asks handing me a plate.

"No, my bed misses me." My eldest brother rolls his eyes.

"You heard we're getting five exchange students from Nirvana Private Institution."

"Really?" The last time we had students exchange were Juvia and Gajeel halfway through freshman year.

"Yeah. I hear they're really smart."

"Well I heard they're trouble makers and that they were expelled. That's why they're coming to our school," Natsu said.

"Since when do you hear anything? And who'd you hear that from?" I ask.

"Cana."

"Of course."

"I'm just saying. Be careful. I don't want my baby sister to get hurt." He pinched my cheek and I punched his stomach. He hunched over.

"Don't judge a book by its cover. If our parents did, they would've left you at the hospital." Natsu glared and Zeref trying to be the mature sibling bit his lip trying to hold in his laughter.

"Let's just go," he grumbled. Zeref grabbed the car keys and I called shot gun. We were off.

Time skip

"Y/n-chan!"

"Hey Lu-chan! Levy-chan," I greet my two best friends.

"Still wearing the male uniform, I see," Levy said.

"you know me and skirts."

"Let's go. Hopefully we have homeroom together," Lucy said.

~*~

Our homeroom teacher was a cat named Happy. He's pretty weird and spent most of his time talking about fish.

Halfway through the class, someone walked in. It was a maroon haired male I've never seen before. He had a bored look and the collar of his shirt wasn't properly done.

"You must be the new student, Erik," Happy-sensei said.

"Cobra," Erik corrected.

"Right. Take a seat next to Miss. Dragneel. Raise your hand." Dammit. Why do I have to sit by the new kid? I raised my hand anyway. Cobra didn't say anything and walked over to the empty desk next to me. He dropped his bag and sat down.

Happy-sensei continued his fish lesson. I kept sneaking glances at Cobra. Was he one of them from Nirvana? Cobra looked at me and I quickly turned away. My cheeks flush red at being caught.

The bell soon rings. I leave class quickly. Next I have music class. Once again, I have class with the new students. Her name is Sorano but goes by Angel. She's pretty nice. I invited her to sit with me and my friends declined. I did get her number though.