Romeo x reader

Requested by @lizzy-chan101

5 years after Tenrou Disappeared

3rd Pov

Romeo packed his backpack with a couple books and some snacks getting ready to leave the guild.

"Where are you going, Romeo?" Macao asked. Lately, his son has been leaving without any explanation.

"Out. I'll be back later. Bye!"

Romeo headed over to Hargion by train. He went to the port and jumped under the docks. There, was a little area set up with a couple chairs, blankets, and a couple other things: like a mini hideout. Romeo waited for a few minutes before a girl came running over.

"Sorry I'm late! I hope you didn't wait long!" Romeo smiled

"It's ok Y/n-chan. I wasn't here long." Y/n stopped in front of the boy panting a bit.

"thank goodness. It's getting harder to sneak out."

"Then is it really ok for us to do this each weekend?" Romeo asked.

"Of course. Don't worry. I promise. Let's eat. I'm hungry."

The two sat on the beach chairs. Romeo took two sandwiches out his bag and gave one to Y/n. She gratefully took it and kicked her shoes off wiggling her toes between the sand. The waves gently crashed and it was peaceful.

"Y/n-"

"Don't worry. This time I told my dad that I was heading over to the next town just for a mini request. Of course he wasn't happy about me taking a weakling job but it convinced him," Y/n sighed. As she slumped, her feathery shawl moved revealing a light blue Sabertooth guild mark on her thigh.

Romeo frowned. "But still-"

"Romeo, it's ok. I've told you from day one that I won't let him find out. I like hanging out with you. And as long as Minerva-nee san doesn't find out-"

"As long as Minerva-nee san doesn't find out what?" Y/n and Romeo tensed up. The two looked up to see Sabertooth's mistress: Minerva Orland. She jumped down in front of the two preteens. "So this is where you've been going? Sneaking off with a pathetic Fairy?"

"Nee-san-"

"Shut up. You're a disgrace. Lying to father like that. Shame on you." Y/n frowned sulking. Tears prickled her eyes.

"Hey! Leave her alone," Romeo snapped.

"Fairy, don't talk down to Sabertooth," Minerva spat. She raised her hand and blasted Romeo back with her magic.