Zeref x fem! Reader

A/n i finally started watching the final season cause i kept putting it off but now I really wanted to write some fairy tail content. I love my baby Zeref and i can't find any stories with him

Anyway T^T enjoy.

~*~

400 years ago

Mildian Magic Academy. An elite magic academy where some of the brightest scholars of all ages attended. One of the most notable students: a young boy by the name of Zeref Dragneel. He was a quiet yet curious child. Orphaned after his family was killed, he developed a fascination with life and death in hopes to revive his deceased younger brother.

Constantly engaged with research about the properties of life and death, Zeref's fascination grew. He wrote well conducted papers for someone of his age and formulated plans on how one could maybe go back in time instead of solely bringing a person back from the dead. This greatly angered his professors who followed the teachers of Ankhseram.

"This is something much too mature, even for adults, let alone for a child yourself to be studying," one professor told Zeref. "Stop these studies immediately."

Gripping his papers in his arm, Zeref hung his head low. "Yes sir."

The black haired child left the building, walking through the forest to be alone with his thoughts. He couldn't quite comprehend why it was so wrong to be fascinated with things in the world. Everyone lives. Everyone dies. What was so wrong about wanting to learn more? Glumly, he sat down on a fallen long. It's bark was blackening, showing its age and approach to death.

"I can't stop my research..." the boy told himself. "I have to keep trying." All of a sudden, a huge gust of wind came. The strong winds blew Zeref's papers out of his arms and into the air. He panicked. He didn't have any other copies.

Quickly, he scrambled after them, trying to catch what he could before they were gone for good. He gathered most of them, but a couple flew into a nearby rice paddy. Zeref took off his shoes and rolled up his clothes before stepping into the murky water. At the same time he reached for the paper, another petite hand grabbed it.

Startled, Zeref fell back. A splash resonated through the air followed by a melodious giggle. That same petite hand reached out in assistance.

"Are you ok?" A cute voice asked. The sun blurred their figure. When Zeref's eyes adjusted he saw a young girl his age standing in front of him. Her h/l h/c was pulled out of her face. Her dress soaked. She had a soft glow to her s/c cheeks due to the bright sunlight. "You aren't hurt are you?"

"Um..no..:" Zeref took her hand. "Thank you."

"You're welcome!" The girl cheered. She looked at the paper-his paper-making Zeref's heart sink. "I think this is yours. You use a lot of big words so I don't really understand, but it looks really interesting!"

"My teachers don't think so..." the boy mumbled, taking his now wet research from her. The girl tilted her head.

"Why not? " She then gasped covering her mouth. "Is it lewd?"

Zeref's cheeks burned red. "N-NO! It's about..." He paused not sure if he should tell her or not. He didn't recognize her from his school and she didn't seem all that bright to be honest. "It's about how to bring someone back from the dead."She didn't respond at first making him sigh.

She was like the teachers.

"I should get going. Thanks for your-"

"IS IT REALLY POSSIBLE?" The girl shouted, getting in his face. She moved too fast and tripped making them both fall back in the rice paddy. She sat up with a gasp, coughing as some of the water got in her mouth. "S-sorry!Sorry! I just got excited! Is something like that possible? Could you bring back my mommy and onee-chan?"