Bang

Kelly’s Point of View

              I wasn’t sure how long I was sitting in that same spot, but I figured it had been at least an hour. My body was aching but I forced myself to my feet, ignoring the pain rushing through my body. I hated how I was feeling. Running through the woods probably wasn’t the smartest thing I could have done. My legs were cut up from branches and plants. Was it so hard to just to have a normal life? That’s all I wanted, but I was involved with people that I could never escape.

            Sitting here, thinking about my life, I realized that no matter what I did, I could never escape this never ending hell. I was in too much of a mess to escape. There would always be people like Kayden. Monsters that ruin people’s lives. People who love watching others suffer. Those people who are truly heartless. There will be people like Dole who were once good, but turned bad but others. Those people truly have a good heart, but it was corrupted.

            There will be people like Russell, who seem like a nice, decent person but once you know them, they are just like the other sick monsters who ruin people’s lives. Then there will always be people like Kyle who want the best for someone, but do it in the wrong way. People who hurts others, but meant to love them. People who are misguided and took the wrong approach on their life. People who have been hurt in their life, and don’t know how to control their pain.

            It breaks my heart to realize what kind of like Kyle could have had if he hadn’t been hurt in his childhood and if he had never met me. If Amanda hadn’t been taken by Kayden and Russell, then she would have stayed with Kyle and they could have love each other forever and helped each other through their darkest times. It’s funny to think that I would never be in this situation if he hadn’t been for a total stranger being kidnapped.

            I stood up, looking around, determining where I wanted to go. I need to try and hide from Kayden as long as possible. The main thing I’ve learned over the years was that life is a screwed up thing, and no matter what you do, it’s impossible to control. I believe that everyone should learn this because even if you life the perfect life, it could be ruined in a blink of an eye.   

            “I was wondering how long it would take you to find me.” I spoke loudly, not bothering to turn around. I had heard Kayden’s footsteps crunching on the leaves beneath his feet. It was almost impossible not to heard. I slowly turned around to see Kayden smirking in my direction.

            “I’ve always loved a nice game of cat and mouse, but I wasn’t really in the mood for games.” Kayden’s smirk faded.

            “Why bother chasing me then? It’s not like I could live out here forever. I’d have to come back eventually.” I asked.

            “I have to punish you for your behavior. Why would I want to wait on the fun?” He chuckled, as I took a step forward.

            I went to turn around when I ran into Dole, standing in front of me. Of course, he would be here, not saving me from Kayden. Then Russell appeared from behind a tree, the three of the men trapping me, leaving no escape route, since a tree was blocking the only escape I had. Great, there was nowhere to go.