Letter

“Dear Kyle, I know this may seem impossible but I’m alive. I never died like you thought I did. It was all an act. I want to explain everything to you now, but I can’t. I’m still in danger and can’t risk it. I miss you so much and can’t wait to get caught up with you. There is so much I want to tell you but now isn’t the right time.

            Please don’t freak out about this and I know how to contact you if I need you. You just need to wait for me to contact you. I’ll speak to you when the time is right. Love, Amanda.”

            My eyes watered as I reread the letter over and over again. Amanda couldn’t be alive, she died. She wouldn’t just fake her death and leave me like this. No, this couldn’t be real. I stared at the paper and wondered how this happened. Was there a chance that Amanda was alive?

            I flung myself onto my bed and decided that I had to go home and talk to Dole. He was the only person I actually told about Amanda. I may have mentioned her to Kayden but not that she had died. There was no way Kayden or Dole could have done this. She had to be alive, but it was impossible.

            Amanda Rosaline was my best friend and my girlfriend ever since I was fifteen. She was always there for me when I needed it. Most people don’t believe in soul mates, but I knew she was mine. She was there for me when my dad had passed away and when I dealt with my horrid past. She was the best thing in the world. She knew everything about me except that I had killed my stepmom. I wasn’t going to scare her by telling her that.

            Several months after my dad had passed, I was seventeen at the time and so was she; she had disappeared. I remember searching for her for hours upon hours everyday, not wanting to believe she was gone. Several weeks later, someone called in and said that they had seen Amanda walk into a building. Minutes later, the building blew up. Police said that someone had installed a bomb and there was a timer connected to it. The bomber was never found.

            I was called by the police to check security camera footage and just like the witness said, it was Amanda walking into the building. I even watched the building blow up, with her in it. How could she be alive? I saw her die, it was impossible. If she was alive, how the hell was I supposed to just wait for her to call me?

            I knew that I needed to talk to the one person who actually knew about Amanda. I bought the first plane ticket out of Ireland and headed back to Florida, where I planned on talking with Dole. Maybe she had contacted him too. Within hours, I was on the plane flying back to the United States. At least I got my work done in Ireland and Kelly’s pathetic aunt and uncle finally paid for how they treated Kelly.

            As I was driving to my house, having jetlag from the plane ride, reality hit me square in the face. Amanda had to be alive. Only one person knew about Amanda and that was Dole, who wouldn’t do something that low to me. Heck, Dole was in Florida when I got the note. Tears filled my eyes at the thought of Amanda being alive. If that was true, then she had been all alone and in hiding for about seven years or so. The thought of her being alone made my heartache. I was used to being alone, but she wasn’t. Then a memory of when we first met flashed into my head, along with tears lingering in my eyes.

            It was a normal day at school; I was skipping class because in class I was bullied. Bruises covered my skin from where bullies would beat me after school and quickly give me a punch or two in the arm during class when the teacher isn’t looking. Today was just like any other day, except for the fact that the bullying seemed more severe today.

            I was only fifteen and felt like I was worthless. Everyone hated me, including my own father who rarely talked to me, let alone looked at me. Ever since, “Mom” was killed by me, him thinking it was Andrew, he has been depressed and isolated. If I knew he would have acted like this, I wouldn’t have killed her because at least I would have had my dad talk to me.

            There was no one for me to talk to or to love me. I was an outcast, a loser, someone who everyone hated. I had judged on how I acted and looked. Since my life wasn’t perfect and normal, everyone decided to hate me. I was never sure why or how this all started but before I knew it, I would come home bleeding and have bruises. I slumped against my locker, hidden from everyone when I heard footsteps coming my way.

            I prayed that it wasn’t another stupid teacher because if it was, they would force me to go to class, which I dreaded. Shockingly, the footsteps were to the new girl in school. We hadn’t met and I knew that she would most likely treat me like everyone else. I refused to make eye contact with her as she opened her locker. I knew she was looking at me but I said nothing.

            I glanced up to see that her back was to me. She had beautiful brown hair that was in a side braid and as she turned around, I got a glance at her beautiful green eyes that shined in the light. Once out eyes met, I quickly looked away.

            “Are you okay?” She asked quietly.

            At first I was confused by her question but then I remembered the bruises I had along with a few tears trickling down my cheeks. I nodded, and wiped away the tears, not saying a word. I hated the world and everyone in it. There was no one in the world who was an actual nice and thoughtful person. She knelt down in front of where I was sitting and said, “I don’t know what happened but I’m truly sorry. Is there anything I can do? Do you want to talk about it?”

            I slowly gazed up at her and knew that she was the one. She was the one who would care for me and would change my life. She was going to be the reason for living and breathing.

            I snapped out of my memory and pulled into the driveway of my house. I had texted Dole so we could talk. I didn’t say what we were going to talk about though, but I knew he would come no matter what. I walked inside the house, making sure I wasn’t crying from Amanda and saw Dole sitting on the couch. This was it, if Dole was involved at all, I wouldn’t be able to forgive him.

Yay, so this is a chapter. I'm sorry if its not that long but i felt like i should clear up the cliffhanger now since you all are probably dying. Though, i am still putting this on hold because i'm writing my story, "On the Run," which i recommend all of you go check out and comment. That will be updated quickly so you will always have something to read.

Again i'm so sorry for those who really love this book, i just need a little break right now but I'm not giving up on it. You should check out my other books if you want to read more of my writing.

This chapter's dedication goes to @ColdHeartedKiller. Thanks for commenting and reading. Please everyone comment and let me know what you thought about this chapter and about Anna. I'm not sure when I will update again, but i will try my best to write when i can, though i am a very busy person. Thanks everyone for being such amazing and understanding fans!!!! :)