The Knock

Kelly’s Point of View

            My first thought was that I personally wanted to murder Robbins. My mind was still in shock from Kyle showing up at my house, knowing I was supposed to be dead and hidden from him. How the hell can she just leave me with Kyle? After everything he’s done to me, and she just decides to trust him with my life? Robbins and Kyle walked towards the front door, telling me to stay but of course, I didn’t listen. I stood up and followed silently, keeping my distance.

            “Just leave, I can deal with Kelly. I promise, she’ll be safe. If you’ve forgotten, I do love her. And was heartbroken when I thought he was dead. No one is taking her tonight and she will be perfectly safe, as long as you research.” Kyle whispered to Robbins.

            There’s no way she can actually leave me here. I didn’t believe Kyle for a second when he said those things. What if this was a trap, just so he could kidnap me again? I would never forgive Robbins if that happened. I stepped into view of Kyle and Robbins, just as the front door shut and Robbins was gone. I was officially alone with Kyle.

            “Just stay away from me.” I protested, as Kyle took a step towards me.

            “Look, I’ve spent weeks, almost a month thinking you were dead. It killed me inside. I thought of everything I put you through, and I hated myself. I’m in love with you Kelly Hunter. Sure, I may not have expressed that in the best way, but I did try. You don’t know how I felt when I saw you laying on the floor, dying right before my eyes.” He spoke softly, tears in his eyes.

            “Well now you feel the pain I was in when I was actually dying. If I wasn’t such of a stubborn bitch I would have let myself die, but I just couldn’t stop fighting, despite how much I wanted my life to be over with. And do you know why I wanted to die? It was because of you. I may have forgiven you when I was dying, but things change.” I spoke confidently.

            “This is all my fault, I know. I feel like shit everyday. But I’m going to get revenge on Kayden for what he did to you. I promise you that.” He said walking closer to me, but I wouldn’t let him get close to me.

            “Well that’s good for you, but right now I’m just trying to push the past behind me and live a somewhat normal life.” I frowned, knowing I would never have a normal life. I would always be the scarred, broken girl, who’s hiding from her past.

            “I like the black hair by the way. Though, the blonde will always be my favorite.” Feeling a bit weak in my knees, I decided to go and sit down on the couch. Hearing and seeing him once again, brought back too many bad memories. He was the reason Kayden was after me in the first place.

            “Well, I was supposed to be dead, but I guess changing how you look, doesn’t really hide you.” I said, frowning.

            I watched him closely as he walked in the living room and sat down on the same couch as me. My eyes widened, as my heart started to race. Oh my God, he was way too close to me. All my built up anger just came out as I slapped Kyle across the face.

            “I guess I deserved that.” He said, rubbing his reddening cheek. God, that felt amazing to do. I went to stand up but felt his hand grab my arm.