Payback

Kelly’s Point of View

            My eyes snapped opened when I realized I hadn’t been shot. In the chaos, I hadn’t noticed that the gun was no longer to my head, but aimed towards Kyle. The first gunshot I heard came from behind me. I turned my head to see, Russell sink to his knees, blood trickling down his throat. Kayden’s expression turned sinister. His gun fired and I expected Kyle to fall to the ground, but it wasn’t his body that fell, it was the girl behind him that fell.

            A scream escaped Amanda’s mouth as she dropped to the ground. Kyle instantly shot Kayden, making him collapse to the ground. When I realized that Kayden had only been shot in the leg, I quickly grabbed his gun, crawling away from him, aiming the gun at him just in case he got any stupid ideas. I had forced myself to stop crying, despite the fear running through my veins. Kyle was at Amanda’s side, trying to help her but I wasn’t focused on him much. I couldn’t afford to be stupid right now. I needed to keep my focus on the main threat.

            My eyes never left Kayden, who was cursing and groaning as he clenched his leg in pain. The sand turned crimson. My hands trembled slightly as I aimed the gun at Kayden. The cursing from Kayden decreased but that’s when a humorless laugh escaped his throat when he saw me with the gun. I glared at him, wondering how he could laugh at a time like this. He was shot and could die at any second. He was truly insane.

            “It’s funny to see such an innocent girl holding such a dangerous weapon.” He smirked, and I knew what he was trying to do. He wanted to get inside my head and weaken me.

            “Well I find it hilarious to see such a terrible human being lying on the ground bleeding out.” I shot back, causing his smirk to only grow wider.

            “Do you think I’ve never been shot before? I’ve been through this before and Kyle’s stupid not to have killed me when he had the chance. And now that his bitch is dying, he will have nothing left when I finish you off.” He laughed.

            “I think you’re forgetting who has the gun here.” I replied, noticing that he was unarmed.

            “I could easily get that gun from you. If I tried, you wouldn’t shot me, you don’t have the quick reflexes to do that. Who says I don’t have another gun behind my back anyways?” He asked.

            “I hope you rot in hell where you belong.” I spat.

            “Well I hope you have fun living a life already ruined by not only me, but the man that claims to love you. The same man you are protecting right now when you should be shooting him. After all, he did introduce us.” Kayden mocked me, trying to turn me against Kyle, but I wasn’t that stupid. As much as I wanted Kyle dead at points, I’d never do it. I’d learn to forgive Kyle for most of his mistakes, but Kayden was a different story.

            I was about to reply when a figure stepped out from the trees. I aimed my gun in that direction only to find one of my savors. The person who had shot Russell walked towards me, a smile on her face when she saw me. Robbins was the last person I’d expected to see here. I wanted to rush and hug her but stopped myself. I needed to stay calm until Kayden was dealt with.

            “Are you alright, Kelly?” She asked, her gun aimed at Kayden now as well.

            I nodded, not realizing how much I missed her until seeing her up close. Since Robbins had Kayden under control, I turned and ran over to Kyle, who was on his knees, holding Amanda in his lap. Blood oozed from her stomach and from the black color of the blood, I knew it wasn’t good.