Suspicious

My mind was in a million places as I drove back home, deciding what the hell I was going to do. Kelly couldn't have just been taken by some stranger; it had to be the work of Kayden. He still wants to get back at me and hurt Kelly. Part of me wanted to go to the Bahamas, but for what reason? I had Dole there and he would see if Kelly was anywhere near Kayden. Once I got home, I immediately called Dole, hoping he had some information for me.

"Hello." Dole answered, sounding worried. He wasn't expecting my call, so he probably thought something was wrong.

"Dole, Kelly's been kidnapped and I think Kayden has something to do with it." I said bluntly.

"What? I don't think it was Kayden, he's been here the whole time." Dole replied.

"I thought you told me you weren't going to keep an eye on him for a few days?" I asked, suddenly getting suspicious of what was really happening over there.

"Well I still made sure he didn't leave the freaking country." Dole replied quickly. I frowned, wondering why he was acting so weird. I said nothing about it, knowing that it would be the smartest thing to do right now. If Dole betrayed me, I wasn't sure what I would do.

"Alright, well if you see Kelly there, call me." I instructed as I paced around my bedroom, wondering what to do.

"Okay, will do. Hopefully it isn't Kayden." He said.

I hung up the phone and plopped down on my bed, sighing loudly. Anger built up inside me and I stood up and punched my fist into the wall, making a large hole in it. What the hell was I supposed to do now? After hours of debating with myself, I decided to head for the Bahamas to see what was really happening. There was a small part of me that didn't trust Dole anymore and that he was on Kayden's side, but then again, maybe I was just over exaggerating and thinking the worst because I was worried about Kelly.

I blamed myself for this mess because if I didn't waste time having Dole research Kayden, I could have already tortured and killed him by now and Kelly would be safe. Why did I want to wait again to find Kayden's weaknesses? I already knew the area where he was staying at and I could track him down easily, so why was I so stupid? My hands tightened on the steering wheel as I drove to the airport.

My fake disguise was already on and my phony passport would get me through security and onto a plane. Even if it didn't work out, I knew Robbins would have my back because she wanted Kelly back and I planned on getting her.

Once I was flying on the plane, I started to think about Amanda and how much I missed her. I remember when we started dating for awhile and I made the mistake of bring her to my house for dinner after she insisted on meeting my father. I told her that he was a lazy, drunk but she still wanted to meet him.

I nervously waited for Amanda to arrive, not knowing what to expect from my dad. He was like a ticking time bomb; you never know when he will explode. I told him about Amanda and how she wanted to meet him since I'd met her parents. I don't think he was listening as I talked to him because he just nodded and continued to watch TV as I talked to him earlier that week.

She had asked me what happened to my mom and I told her that she ran out on our family when I was younger. Then I told her about my step mom and how my brother killed her, even thought it was me. I would never tell her that of course. The past is in the past. She knew that it was just my dad and I.

There was a loud knock on the door and when I opened it, I saw a beautiful girl standing before me. Her long brown hair was curled and flowed down her back. Her bright, green eyes were covered in light makeup that made her eyes pop out. She was wearing a light, blue sundress that was perfect for this summer weather. She was truly stunning, as always.