Russell

Kelly’s Point of View

            I wasn’t sure how long Amanda and I stood there hugging, but it seemed like forever. What would happen when Russell came? Would Dole help us, or let Kayden take control once again. If Robbins knew that Dole was doing this to protect her, she would hate him and demand that he help me, but sadly, Robbins wasn’t here to talk some sense into him. I wondered how Robbins was holding up, losing me again was probably heartbreaking. She was probably looking all over Florida for me, but I wasn’t even in the country. She would never find me.  

            I was startled when the door unlocked and instinctively, I stood in front of Amanda, wanting to protect her. It was funny that I was younger than her, yet I was protecting her. She didn’t seem to mind though, and I could tell that mentally, she was still a teenage girl, trying to survive her abusive past.  Sure, she acted like an adult and had to grow up pretty quickly, but that didn’t change the fact that she was still terrified and traumatized for years. The door opened and Kayden walked in, a smile on his face.

            “Hello, ladies.” He greeted.

            I could tell by the tone in his voice that someone bad was going to happen. I needed to stalk and try to think of a way to escape. I could practically feel the terror coming from Amanda, standing behind me. Russell had to be here, and that’s why Kayden was happy. He would finally get me to himself and put Amanda in her place. It was hard to think straight when I had Kayden staring at me.
            “Um, can I talk to Dole, please?” I asked, hoping to get a chance to beg for his help and to stall. I tried to be nice, hoping that he would be generous.

            “Sorry, he’s not here, but someone else is. Amanda, you won’t mind if I took Kelly for awhile, I’ll bring her back. I just want her to meet our guest.” He smirked.

            “Actually, I do mind.” She replied, shocking me some but her rebellion.

            “Well that’s too damn bad.” He shot back, not caring about how she talked to him. He grabbed me by the arm and yanked me out of the room, shutting and locking Amanda inside. I ripped my hand from his grasp, not wanting to feel his touch.

            I silently followed Kayden like an obedient puppy. I hated listening to him, but I had to play my cards right or things would get worse. I had to think about what I did before I did it, or I’d pay the price. We walked into the living room where I saw a man covered in black tattoos all over his arms and probably onto his back and chest. He was extremely built and about the same height as Kayden. I watched closely as he turned around from looking outside the window and turned to face us.

            He gave a small grin, and I watched in disgust as his eyes raked up and down my body, scanning every inch that was visible of me. I diverted my eyes to the ground, not wanting to look into his icy blue eyes. Kayden wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me onto the couch to sit next to him, I struggled to pull against him, but he refused to let me go. Russell took a seat in a chair across from us. His dark, brown hair was messed up, looking like he didn’t even brush it out. He wore a simple white shirt and jeans, reminding me a lot of Kyle’s attire.   

            “So I’m assuming Amanda told you about what happened to her. Isn’t it ironic that she was Kyle’s girlfriend? To think that I took my closest friend’s girlfriend and made her life hell and he doesn’t even know.” Kayden laughed, but caught my eye was that Russell hadn’t said a word yet.

            “Yeah she did, and if you thought I hated you before, well now it’s a thousand times worse. You’re a sick monster.” I snapped, yanking his arm off from my waist. Kayden was about to say something back, but Russell cut him off by speaking.