Island

I’ve been sitting in my car for Dole all night and yet he stayed inside. At this point, I couldn’t help but wonder what he was doing. He had to already by awake by now. Could he be plotting his revenge against me? Or figuring more ways out to betray me? It took everything inside me to keep from lashing out on him and to not rip his throat out right in the middle of the road. Finally, Dole came into view, wearing new clothes and shades, covering his eyes from the morning sun.

            Dole walked over to a nearby car, parked in front of the building. He was completely oblivious to me, sitting in my car across the street from him. One of Dole’s flaws was that he never was very observant. He never checked his surroundings. Dole started to drive, so I started my car and followed him at a distance. It was about fifteen minutes later when I realized where Dole was going. That son of a bitch was going to get it when I got a hold of him.

            We were at the same dock where Marcus and I had stored our cars and boats. I wouldn’t have been surprised if the same dock was there. I watched in disgust when Dole got onto a boat and drove off, disappearing into the ocean. But I already knew where he was going. He was going back to the same damn island where Gary had arranged for me a few years back. That was where Kelly and I were supposed to live forever, until Robbins and Dole ruined that. Dole and Kayden do have some balls staying at the same place, knowing that I knew where it was.

            They probably didn’t think I’d look there, since it was too obvious. It was a pretty smart plan, but I was smarter. I grabbed my phone and decided to give Kayden a call. I did have his number but every time I tried to trace his phone, it wouldn’t work. Hopefully he still has the same number, so we could chat some. The phone rang several times before I heard his mocking voice answer the phone, he had to know I’d try and call his phone sooner or later.

            “Hello, Kyle. Nice hearing from you again.” He answered and I knew he was smirking on the other end of the line.

            “Kayden, stop with the bull shit, I know what you’ve done. Where is she?” I demanded, trying to stay calm. I wanted him to believe I didn’t know where they were hiding, when in reality, I was pretty sure they were on the island.

            “How about you greet your favorite person in the world.” Kayden suggested, but he was obviously holding the phone towards someone because I could barely hear him. He had to be talking to Kelly. Then a shriek echoed through the phone, causing me to jump.

            “Kayden, leave her alone.” I shouted, not wanting my anger to get the best of me, even though I wanted to kill him for hurting her.

            “Don’t touch me!” Kelly screamed.

            That was my girl, always a fighter. I knew she would give Kayden a run for his money, always testing him and pushing him to his limits. There was some commotion through the phone, but I wasn’t sure what was happening. My best guess is that Kayden was trying to constrain her.

            “I don’t know how you dealt with her for all these years.” Kayden snarled into the phone, causing me to grin. To be honest, I’m not sure how I put up with her all these years. She sure was a handful.