Thirty-One

Things had changed that night, Newt had nearly completely cut any contact that had remained with his family after that horrid dinner. They were in England, they couldn't get in any trouble over their relationship here, but there was no law that made the muggle wizard relationship less taboo.  (Name) seemed to care less about the judgment than Newt had, though. She loved Newt dearly, and she didn't care if she got called a muggle or any other lucrative term. When she was with Newt, she was his, and he was hers. They weren't a wizard and a human, they were simply themselves.

It was unfortunate that others couldn't seem to understand that.

It was late September, it's been nearly a year (if not over a year) of the two being a couple. It was early, (Name) had been cooking up something for her significant other, while Newt had fed the beasts that resided in his case. It was a daily routine now, and the two enjoyed it. The male had walked into the kitchen after a bit, wrapping his arms around the girl as he had hugged her from behind. "Good morning, Love." He had said softly into her ear, a small smile carved onto his face. He placed a gentle, soothing kiss onto the girls' ear before closing his eyes.

She smiled and placed a kiss on his cheek before chuckling. "Good morning." She had responded with a smile. The two enjoyed the domestic life they had, the same warm and soft morning every day. This was quickly ruined with a rough knock on the door, jolting the two away from one another.

Newt furrowed his brows, hesitantly going for the door. He slowly reached out, opening the door. It had been the person that Newt had wanted to see the least. His brother. He let out a soft sigh, beginning to close the door in hopes to avoid any conflict.

"Newt, I'm sorry." He says. He looks at his brother with pleading eyes, hoping to get a word in. Newt sighs and glances at his partner, shaking his head. He turns back to his brother, swallowing hard.

"I don't want conflict." He began to say, before his brother took him into an embrace. It surprised Newt, it caught him completely off guard. He hesitantly hugged his brother back, smiling slightly.

"You love her." He says, chuckling a bit.
"I know you do." He finishes, patting his brother on the back with a smile. He steps away from Newt, crossing his arms. He glanced between the couples faces twisted in confusion and smiled.

"I've never seen you care so much about someone, Newt. I don't want to ruin that for you, and it'd be wrong of me to do so." He said, shaking his head again. He let out a soft sigh and leaned onto the door frame.

"So, I believe you two should take my old home, and get out of this shack, and start a new life." He says.
"A new new life." A cheeky smile rose onto his face. His brother already planned to move out of the small cottage like home, never being a fan of something of the sorts anyways. It had been a perfect home for Newt and his girlfriend, and furthermore, a perfect home for a family.

His eyes turned to the girl's eyes, a soft smile spreading to his lips. A family. He liked how that sounded.

He turned to his brother and nodded, smiling softly. He took his brothers hand into his, shaking it as if to make it some sort of official deal.

"Thank you."