Fifteen

It had been two days since the incident with the wizard chasing the two down. They had stayed inside in a soft of desperate attempt to keep away from any trouble with MACUSA. (Name) had been working on her studies, and Newt had been assisting her in any way he could. That, and he also was intrigued by all the human creatures that existed. It was enjoyable for the both, and they were not to the slightest bored of one another.

It was late, (Name) closing her books and dotting her last 'i'. She yawned softly while she got up out of her stiff wooden chair and stretched her arms up into the air. (Name) had cracked her back quietly with a slight wince before she began walking out to her room. She stopped at the doorway. She wanted to say goodnight to Newt before she simply went to bed, after all that would be the right thing to do. (Name) walked around the home, finding Newt no where. She was beginning to get anxious as she sped walked, slowly breaking out into a run.

"Newt?!" She yelled while running into the lounge room, stopping and taking a deep and calm breath as she saw the man standing by the window. He had turned his head over to her as soon as she ran in, a bit of confusion on his face. "What's wrong?" Newt had asked before turning back around to face the window. (Name) slowly walked over to where he stood, sighing softly. "I thought you left." She said, a bit in a mumble. Newt's eyes had shifted over to the girl and his brows were furrowed. "Left?" He did not dare speak louder than a whisper. He was too scared to even think of himself leaving.

"I'd never. Never." Newt assured before he had turned back forward once more. (Name) looked at his eyes that looked full of curiosity while he stared at the stars. "Could we go onto the roof?" Newt asked, curiously. (Name) had slightly tensed up at the question. The thought made her stomach turn and she was not feeling up to it. "I don't-" She had began, but her eyes saw that joy in Newt's eyes as he stared at the sky from behind the glass. She sighed before nodding, a small and hesitant shrug following after.

"Thank you." Newt had said while turning to her and taking both of her hands into his. He and the girl both had Disapparated, and next thing that (Name) knew, she was looking over the edge. She had yelped and hugged Newt tightly, a chuckle escaping the man. "Don't worry, I'm here. I'm here, and you're safe." He had said in a calming and nurturing tone. (Name) did not dare move her face away from his chest, hiding in a fear of somehow falling if she moved away.

"Darling, just move your face. I think you'll like the view." Newt said softly before rubbing the girl's back softly. (Name) hesitantly moved away from him, her eyes falling to the ground and she instantly made a sound short of a whine. Newt put a supportive hand on her shoulder, before he looked to the sky. After a few minutes the girl had looked in the direction that Newt was looking in, a smile slowly spreading on her face. The stars were brighter than she had ever seen them before, and the moon was proudly in the front and center.

Newt slowly sat down and sighed, hugging his knees. (Name) slowly mimicked his actions and sat next to him with her eyes still on the sky. "It's marvelous." She said in awe, earning a soft and sweet smile from Newt. "It is." Newt agreed while he had caped his arm over her shoulders. His head leaned up on top of the girls, and hers had ended up on his shoulder. It was calm and silent between the two. They truly didn't want that to change either.

A crash of thunder echoed through the area.

(Name) moved her head off of Newt's shoulder, looking above her head to see the rain beginning to drizzle down onto them. The chill instantly froze her, and Newt moved his arms away and grabbed his want. With a wave of his wand an indivisible umbrella covered the two. (Name) looked up at the magical umbrella, her face looking more amazed by the second. With that, she put her head back onto Newt's shoulder.

It was like the calm before the storm.