Eight

He slowly opened the door to show all sorts of creatures, tall and small, roaming freely. Most of the free roaming creatures turned their head over to Newt, some running over and others continuing on. He fell back at the impact of the large beast, laughing softly while it stayed on him greeting him eagerly. "Alright, alright. Off of me, please." Newt had laughed softly, with the creature stepping off and running off further into the room. Newt stood up and brushed himself off before slipping off his long trench coat.

(Name) looked around the room with her mouth wide open. She could not believe her eyes. She thought that she knew so much about life and creatures in this world, but in reality she was simply clueless. She slowly walked around looking everywhere in complete awe, daring not to even blink in a chance that she would wake up from this dream.  "Do you like it?" Newt asked in a shy and soft voice. She was the second muggle he had ever let into his case. She turned to look at him with a smile. "It's wonderful, Newt." She said, before running over to him and wrapping her arms around his neck.

Newt tensed up and hesitantly hugged her back. He was not expecting the random act, but he didn't mind it too much. He closed his eyes and held her a bit closer with a feeling of security between both of them. After a few moments she had broken away and smiled up at him, fixing a bit of his messy hair. "Am I asleep?" She asked a bit breathlessly while the edges of Newt's lips twitched up into a smile. "No, you aren't asleep." He said in a tone of one that a father would use to his pleasantly surprised young child.

For the rest of the night, Newt and (Name) were walking around his suitcase. Newt enjoyed playing as the tour guide as he walked around the suitcase. As soon as (Name) yawned she had rubbed her eyes and looked over to Newt with a soft smile. "That'll do, Scamander. That'll do." She said, faintly laughing. Newt smiled softly before rubbing his neck softly. "I guess I'll sleep in my case then tonight." He said, rubbing his neck softly. (Name) was going to say against it, but she nodded and started making her way back to the exit. "Good night, Newt." She said softly.

A smile crept onto Newts face as he lent on the wall while she climbed up. "Good night, (Name)." He whispered quiet enough for just himself to hear. The girl stepped out silently and closed the case with a soft click before she made her way over to her bed. She lay down upon her bed with a subconscious smile on her lips. Her mind couldn't get off the creatures and their master, as if the things were simply calling her to come back to them again.

She turned onto her side.

She met a wizard today, and the craziness of that just set her in a daze. She remembered what she originally thought of the man- he was kind, handsome, and charming. But now, she could not even begin to describe him. Her stomach would  form a knot and her heart would flutter. It was purely impossible for her to like the man so quickly, and she knew that. (Name) sighed and closed her eyes, slowly settling into the darkness of sleep.

Meeting a wizard was never her plan. But suddenly, she felt like she couldn't live without that wizard now.